Wire Wheels Have More Uses Than I Thought

I sometimes wonder what the value to function is of the cup type with sets of twisted tufts..
it is used when you wish to chase an angle grinder across a surface, spit large diameter wires at dangerous velocities, and make the operator and anything in the work zone nervous whilst doing so...
whaddya think they were for???? :grin big:

Wow, these things came quick! Ordered them 8 days ago. I don't think I've ever had a package come from China that quick shipped economy even before this pandemic. I totally didn't except that!

20200829_171509.jpg

I know you got them from eBay but needed to know the name of the seller who ships so fast, :) , I think I found him (Seller: buonshopping).
I looked on Amazon for a decent quality wire wheel (1/4" arbor attached) found one but had to pay $16 for a single wheel.

I know you got them from eBay but needed to know the name of the seller who ships so fast, :) , I think I found him (Seller: buonshopping).

Haha, I figured that is what you were asking for. :D I edited my post above. Yes, that is the seller.

I'm wondering if it was just lucky timing kind of thing. Cause I ordered a pack of cheap inserts the same day from a different seller, it arrived today also.

I also edited my post,(#25) paid $16 for one but it is not the same quality.

Ah I see. Yeah I don't consider the ones I got to be good quality. I'll never know how they will work in a die grinder anyway, I'm only using them on my bandsaw. These are only rated for 4500 rpm as opposed to 20K rpm for the one you got. They'll never spin that fast on my bandsaw.

It is a good idea to use them cheap ones for a bandsaw,
You got me thinking I should order a few for my bandsaw :apologize: , what's currently on my Kalamazoo right now are two wire pads that are about 20 years old they are being sold for about $40 for a pair.

Back