WIRING HELP!! on my newly aquired King model KC401-V2F 3 phase 575

In the last post the formatting was not preserved. To be clear, the first column heading at the top of the post is "Switch terminal," the middle colum of numbers is "wire number," and the third column heading is "motor wire." It sure looked pretty and precise in my original.

Switch wire Motor
Terminal number wire

4 o------------- 1 --------------o U1
7 o------------- 2 --------------o V1
12 o------------- 3 -------------o W1
1 o------------- 4 --------------o U2
6 o------------- 5 --------------o V2
13 o------------- 6 --------------o W2

3 phase Power
5 o--------------- L1 ( order not important; if motor
2 o--------------- L2 (rotation does not match indicator
14 o--------------- L3 ( switch any two leads)

Reconnect the conduit with the 7 wires to the motor wiring box. In wiring box on motor remove all 6 hex nuts from the connection studs. Pair up each motor wire with a switch wire on a stud and secure with hex nut. The studs are electrically floating so it doesen't matter what order.

Here is the drum switch manufacturer's wiring diagram, the key to hooking it back up properly. Notice the code 13. It's from your switch picture. It's the only way to select the correct diagram from many.

View attachment 311171
Looks pretty straight forward. I went back and checked the drum switch again. Just want to let you know I found a number on as follows. Its VDE0660 BS5419

I don't think this (these?) number(s) are related to the switch wiring. They are probably IEC or Kema testing lab standards that the switch complies with. Especially if they are printed on the switch instead of a variable label.

In the last post the formatting was not preserved. To be clear, the first column heading at the top of the post is "Switch terminal," the middle colum of numbers is "wire number," and the third column heading is "motor wire." It sure looked pretty and precise in my original.
I don't think this (these?) number(s) are related to the switch wiring. They are probably IEC or Kema testing lab standards that the switch complies with. Especially if they are printed on the switch instead of a variable label.
Hi Gary

Hi Gary and Thanks! Just to be clear when you look at the motor cover. Im using the Y connections? And do I have to put jumpers like it shows on the motor cover? Thanks!!!

No jumpers. The drum switch does this for you. Just pair up all six leads exactly as I described.

Back