[How-To] Wrench storage

I have to mingle thru 30,000 sockets to find the one I need . :grin:
That pretty much describes all my tool box drawers. I keep looking for a method to organize them, but give up every time.

I tried the triangular gizmos once, but still had many wrenches stuffed in between to squeeze them in. The typical 20 gals of do-do in a 5 gal bucket.

I look at it like a desk, they say a neat desk is a sign of a sick mind, so a neat tool box is a sign of a - - - --.
I better wait a few days to see how this thread goes before I finish that sentence.

I have one largish drawer in a toolbox dedicated to just a complete set of Blue Point wrenches. Actually its two sets, SAE and the other kind.
All of my other miscellaneous wrenches are thrown in an other drawer that is seldom opened.

I have one largish drawer in a toolbox dedicated to just a complete set of Blue Point wrenches. Actually its two sets, SAE and the other kind.
All of my other miscellaneous wrenches are thrown in an other drawer that is seldom opened.

Ironically I’ve thought a good solution would be to buy a matched set of SAE and metric and throw the oddballs into a drawer never to be spoken of again.

When I was bending wrenches, I had a SAE drawer and a metric drawer for sockets and wrenches.

I made up a few wrench holders out of 80/20 a couple months back . Can't find 'em now . They must be in another one of the junk drawers . That'll be another spring time job looking for them . :)

Part of my challenge is that aside from the Husky set none of the wrenches are from sets. All random ones that I inherited.

I have special wrenches for the different places I've worked thruout the years . I know I'll never use them again but don't have the heart to toss them out . :big grin: I guess one day the boy will haul them down to the scrapper .

Thanks Shooty, are those Bluepoint holders?
No, Harbor Freight. They have a magnetic strip on the bottom and they come with more slots than you see in the pic. Which means you cut them to fit, unless you have a huge toolbox.

Back