You guys are getting out of hand.

Don’t forget you need one of these.
Well done!!

I was watching Woods Creek Workshop.
He had a new boring head. It did your usual boring and then he could face with it as well, like on a lathe.
I thought, dang, I have to get one of those. I looked it up. It was over $6.000. For a hobby guy??

Watch out for Banggood. They package tooling in paper envelopes that tear in shipping, then won't replace the lost items. Been there.

Well done!!

He had a new boring head. It did your usual boring and then he could face with it as well, like on a lathe.
I thought, dang, I have to get one of those. I looked it up. It was over $6.000. For a hobby guy??
You can find the boring/facing heads on eBay if you know what to look for. A Narex head like Yuchol has is ~$800 for the head, or $1500 for the full kit of properly priced and depending on size and shank. The Wohlhaupter is almost identical (Narex copied W I believe), German quality and often less $$. This is my kit, stole it on eBay about a year ago for $550. If you want to hit tenths boring, these are what you need.

9672FA65-A702-4673-996B-35D179BEA263.jpeg

A899A693-BD97-41C2-B056-F52C7E8BFF6A.jpegGreat video on the W heads here.
And if you like more, here’s another.

Ok, I just joined the site a few months go and you guys have gotten out of hand spending my money. First you guys made me buy a new mill with DRO power feeds, new lathe with DRO was next, tooling out the wazoo, different metals and sources, saws, grinders, lighting, chemicals and a lot of other things you made me think that I needed. Now I need more toolboxes and a larger garage. My wife is getting tired of freight deliveries and multiple packages showing up daily (I'm not). My credit card is so hot that it has burned a blister on my backside. I am having the time of my life but could you guys slow down on showing me new and expensive items that I just can't do without?

Ok . So what's the problem ? :grin:

My Wohlhaupter and Narex heads will be the last tools I own to leave my premises ! :encourage:

Back