2013 POTD Thread Archive

Had my throw out bearing break on one of my garden tractors. So while I wait on my new one I cleaned up the drive shaft and faced the preasure plates. Nuttin like what you guys post, but im learning! I so enjoy this hobby and learning from you guys

CLUTCH REPAIR 001.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 003.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 005.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 006.jpg

CLUTCH REPAIR 001.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 003.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 005.jpg CLUTCH REPAIR 006.jpg

Looks good Vince

Looks like you got a good finish on the parts and anytime you can fix something yourself instead of taking it to someone else or God forbid trash it, its a good thing. I also like your bottles for oil and coolant.

Jeff

Jeff

For coolant I use canola oil. Ive been follow the thread that started with butter and lard as a coolant, played with some and the conola oil works the best for me.

Been getting any rain up there on that Mtn? :shark::lmao:

Digital Height Gage

Today I almost completed my version of a Digital HeightGage. It is based on several builds, but the basis is an unmodified Digital Vernier Caliper. I wanted to be able to remove the Digital Vernier and use it on its own.
My build is based on a combination of versions by Frank McLean, Paul Pierce, and David Graves. It’s not quite finished as I don’t have the material to make the scribe point. I will post pictures when it’s complete.
Chuck

Jeff

For coolant I use canola oil. Ive been follow the thread that started with butter and lard as a coolant, played with some and the conola oil works the best for me.

Been getting any rain up there on that Mtn? :shark::lmao:

I keep getting worried every time I see animals in pairs. Does anyone have a cubit to decimal inch conversion chart? I think we may need one if this rain doesn't slow down. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Jeff

Picked up a harig super 612 about a month ago on CL. and brought it to my friends warehouse temporarily till I had the time to grunt it into my basement. Well today was the day. I have to pull my boat out of the way before I can get anything down. Took me about 4 hrs all by myself. Little hary at times but it made it down into the shop with only a few minor chips and bumps. Im pooooooped ru5e2a6u.jpg
e7ute2un.jpg
te8asypy.jpg
anu5ymub.jpgsahapu4y.jpg
ytybaty8.jpg
9abehu4u.jpg
utuvy6y9.jpg
pumegu3u.jpg
e3yzytag.jpguzeraja7.jpg
ume2emas.jpg

Now thats the real deal, thats the way nice job!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been wondering something about the "basement" set ups ive seen. When I lived in Pa my basement was one step down off the garage, as most were in the area. With all that rigging to get stuff in the basement, has anyone figured out how to get it out when your old and want to get rid of it? Im in now way saying that I think your doing something wrong, just know how heavy the stuff is! Its hard enough going to auctions to buy stuff and move it out of grandpa's shop, i couldnt imagine trying to get something out of a basement.

Agreed Vince! My neighbors, parents, wife, coworkers all tell me Im nuts and ask the same question. "How are you going to get all that stuff out?" Whether its me or someone else the answer is the same way it went down. Pc at a time. Royal pain for sure. For now though it sure is nice to be able to head down into my shop no matter the weather even for only 15 min and be comfortable. Ive debated simply setting up shop in the third garage bay but then have to pay for boat storage and all the climate control issues, machines rusting, etc.

After a move like that, I'm going to start calling you "Mr. Cheeseking"!

Back