2014 POTD Thread Archive

Ahhh it all comes to light with the last post. I didnt realize those bases were socketed on the stand.

cheers Phil

Hi Blay 127 your lathe looks just like mine but diffrent name mine is a KCB , was woundering if you can get parts for yours,mine is a taiwanes and has been discontinued to bad because it is a good lathe i think. How do you like yours?

Hi Blay 127 your lathe looks just like mine but diffrent name mine is a KCB , was woundering if you can get parts for yours,mine is a taiwanes and has been discontinued to bad because it is a good lathe i think. How do you like yours?

That's good to hear! I have only seen two other "Camtak" lathes anywhere on the internet. I imagine this style of lathe was badged with many names over the years, but no I haven't been able to find anything close to parts or a manual for it. Some of the Grizzly lathe parts look similar, and I did use some their handles and knobs on my lathe to replace some missing ones.

This is my first lathe and as I'm learning more and more each time I use it, I am really enjoying it. I run it with a VFD and its got plenty of power and seems to be real tight and rigid overall. How do you like yours?

Trying to get the shop insulated as Temps are in the teens here. Hope to have barn steel on the ceiling this weekend.
beb0bfc0ae498e10fa2803c1d18f9a7e.jpg9a25d6df2937690dcb0b13db8705d0d3.jpg

beb0bfc0ae498e10fa2803c1d18f9a7e.jpg

beb0bfc0ae498e10fa2803c1d18f9a7e.jpg

9a25d6df2937690dcb0b13db8705d0d3.jpg

9a25d6df2937690dcb0b13db8705d0d3.jpg

Nice, spacious shop!

Be sure to insulate the door, too. That sheet metal can be the mother of all heat leaks.

not a huge project but i moved this into the shop today, Harig 612, picked it up for $600 delivered. already found a grinder hand too! its in pretty nice shape and was in use (very little) at the machine shop that i bought it from. it came from a small one man operation, not sure before him though. waiting for a 2hp VFD so i can run this and the new 1.5hp motor for the Atlas 12". i seen some other posts on here from the guy restoring a Harig Super 612, whats the difference? is it the dust collector cabinet? my cab is just for storage. mine has a nice Walker Ceramax chuck. need to make another soft stop for the x travel. the boy runs it right into the stops underneath. CLUNK. it has one spring loaded stop. he also threw in a cheapy 5C spin indexer.
aydengrinder.jpg
aydengrinder1.jpg

aydengrinder.jpg aydengrinder1.jpg

You're going to have to build a platform for your new grinder operator. He's not going to be able to reach the height adjustment.:lmao:

no machining jobs for a little while, it's been way too cold out in the garage and I wanted to force myself to start on a different project. I need to teach myself how to code and flash LED drivers for my bike lights, as one of my lights needs a new driver and I plan to make a couple of new lights sometime soon.

Managed to figure out how to flash the driver, which involves loading new firmware onto the ATtiny chip onboard. I'm an electronics dunce, so this was a huge step for me. Next I got some help designing the driver for my new lights. The ATtiny chip (brain essentially) goes in the center and the things round the outside are current limiters. Got 3 on order from Oshpark and in the meantime I need to learn how to assemble the code! Yikes!

i.png

i.png

i.png

cool thing is the little grinder guy wasn't shown how to operate them hand wheels haha, hes seen me throw the hood on pick up the tig torch and filler, I caught him sittin at the table at 3yrs old hood down torch in one hand filler in the other and he had the electrode touchin the part I had welded up. pretty awesome. hes still a few months away from 4yrs old in the grinder pic. lovin it..

no machining jobs for a little while, it's been way too cold out in the garage and I wanted to force myself to start on a different project. I need to teach myself how to code and flash LED drivers for my bike lights, as one of my lights needs a new driver and I plan to make a couple of new lights sometime soon.
Matt, have a look into Arduino drivers. They may do what you want more easily

Cheers Phil

Back