2014 POTD Thread Archive

3in1 penetrant with brown scotchbrite, then stoned the table. Wire brush on a drill to clean up most of the rest.

Next time try Evaporust its amazing, just soak overnight poof rust gone!

a3.jpgb3.jpg

a3.jpg b3.jpg

finished up part of a long running project to turn my drill press into a light duty mill - making the collets to hold end mills in a collet chuck from George Wilson

IMG_3289_zpse5e23015.jpg
IMG_3287_zps554c21de.jpg
IMG_3292_zpsb256da04.jpg

I made a 1/8in collet the other day on the lathe at work using the power feeds which gave a beautiful finish, but haven't gotten round to taking a picture yet!

Hi all, has been awhile since I have posted. I have been busy making drawers for my tools, still working on lighting (the florescent light bulb connections have acted up or it was a ballast. Since my lasts post I have moved 3 shelving units full of stuff into one of my three car garage to make room for the middle garage for more space in my machine shop; wow it sure is nice to have the extra space. Machining on occasion with small projects. I recently acquired a Bison 4 jaw 8" chuck for my Grizzly 16x40 lathe so I had to also buy a Bison back plate. I now have the back plate chucked into a 12" 4 jaw to modify the back plate to fit the older Bison. I will need to finish it next eek as I am also a benchrest shooter with a match scheduled this weekend. Coming up is chambering 5 new benchrest barrels and two factory class barrels. All of a sudden machining is more of a priority over other projects; that's a good thing as far as I am concerned.
Bob

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, has been awhile since I have posted. I have been busy making drawers for my tools, still working on lighting (the florescent light bulb connections have acted up or a ballast has given out. Since my lasts post I have moved 3 shelving units full of stuff into one of my three car garage to make room for the middle garage for more space in my machine shop; wow it sure is nice to have the extra space. I have finished painting areas which have been postponed for a few years and installed more shelves (still more to do) . Machining on occasion with small projects. I recently acquired a Bison 4 jaw 8" chuck for my Grizzly 16x40 lathe so I had to also buy a Bison back plate. I now have the back plate chucked into a 12" 4 jaw to modify the back plate to fit the older Bison. I will need to finish it next week; I am also a benchrest shooter with a match scheduled this weekend. Coming up is chambering 5 new benchrest barrels and two factory class barrels. All of a sudden machining is more of a priority over other projects; that's a good thing as far as I am concerned.
Bob

That is as sexy as a 3 boobied stripper! I believe I will make a set for myself!

as long as the third boob is in the middle of her back so you have something to hold on to while your dancin!

My vintage Helios caliper jumpped a tooth on the gear rack, putting my hand at 11:00 instead of straight up at 12. Dismantled, cleaned and reassembled. Runs smoother and zero is back where it belongs...

vy2u6edu.jpg

Back