Just ordered the PM-1236T Lathe - Need some help please...!

Nope. You'll find the resource discussed here.
Hello Dave.. lol I was right, has to do with your book...

People told me about your book and I have it saved to my amazon wish list and will be getting it soon enough. I was told its a great resource.

Hopefully your book also contains some info on a slide mill for my lathe and the tools I will need to mill the AXA T-nut to fit my new lathe...

The reason I made this thread Is because I was told by the sales dept at Precision Mathews I had to get BXA and couldn't use my AXA stuff
with the new PM-1236T I just bought... " all sorted out now "

I am giving away my old 12x36 Enco to a person in need and was trying to determine if I should give away all my AXA stuff with it. Now I know I can use and will keep all my AXA stuff...

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
Hello Dave.. lol I was right, has to do with your book...

People told me about your book and I have it saved to my amazon wish list and will be getting it soon enough. I was told its a great resource.

Hopefully your book also contains some info on a slide mill for my lathe and the tools I will need to mill the AXA T-nut to fit my new lathe...

The reason I made this thread Is because I was told by the sales dept at Precision Mathews I had to get BXA and couldn't use my AXA stuff
with the new PM-1236T I just bought... " all sorted out now "

I am giving away my old 12x36 Enco to a person in need and was trying to determine if I should give away all my AXA stuff with it. Now I know I can use and will keep all my AXA stuff...

Thanks, Mike.
You might be better off asking a friend with a mill to machine the T-nut you require. Aloris and Dorian provide this service if you buy a new QCTP from them. I've seen the kind of machining table you mention on Sherline or Emco lathes, but haven't seen one on any of the PM lathes.

lol have you guys seen the PM-1236T thread by by Titanium Knurler.

Without a doubt he's got an absolutely beautiful and rock solid setup - with that said after browsing & viewing his thread for 2 hours, I now just want to get my deposit back on the PM-1236T I ordered and buy something more suitable to my intellect, I'm thinking maybe an Etch A Sketch with a 2 axis DRO.

I'm slightly depressed now, there is no way I can get my self up to that skill level. K time to go cry - BBL. Have a great weekend people...!

Without a doubt he's got an absolutely beautiful and rock solid setup - with that said after browsing & viewing his thread for 2 hours, I now just want to get my deposit back on the PM-1236T I ordered and buy something more suitable to my intellect, I'm thinking maybe an Etch A Sketch with a 2 axis DRO.

I'm slightly depressed now, there is no way I can get my self up to that skill level. K time to go cry - BBL. Have a great weekend people...!

I just checked out the @Titanium Knurler 1236 thread, and I can relate to your feelings of inadequacy. That said, some guys are just on a different plane of expectation, or maybe need, compared to us "regular" hobbiest folk.

I've been working on my "new to me" Central Machinery (Tida) TD-1236E, and I can relate to your trials and tribulations. I have to admit, that I'm a little sad that you gave up on your old lathe, but on the other hand, I totally understand your desire for something that doesn't need a ton of work to just get running. Come MILL purchase time, I'm most likely going to go your route and get a new unit. There is something to be said for starting fresh. It's just a matter of money, or lack there of.

Hi Mr Mike, got an email from H-M that someone was talking about me :)!

I had a lot of fun setting up my PM-1236T. It is my first(and likely last) lathe and was recommended to me by a great guy and a mentor to many of us here at H-M…Mikey.

If I am able, I am happy to help you get set-up.

I really have enjoyed the lathe and use it far more than I thought I would.

Here is a titanium piece I made recently on the 1236-T for a fishing project:

647C4084-0FBD-457F-87BD-5853DAC400D5.jpeg

82983B63-08B8-479C-918F-C28963F78FC5.jpeg

Most of all…have fun!!!

TK

Alright mikey it's your fault I'm going to be broke soon, I finally donated my old oil leaking Enco 12x36, and the PM-1236T lathe we talked about will be here end of April early May... when I run out of money I'm coming to live at your place... :grin:

I kept the Bison franken chuck to use on the new lathe...

If you have a few minutes whats your opinion on AXA vs BXA for this lathe... I have all my old AXA stuff but bought the generic BXA stuff from PM to get me started, eventually Ill want to buy a good set, I know this sounds dumb but I like the look of the Accusize QCTP and holders, and would like your opinion about it... If It's a must, I can Offord to buy the Aloris, Dorian or Phase II but I like how the tool holders on the Accusize are engraved - Will there really be that big a difference between them all...? Thanks mikey.

Last edited:
If you have a few minutes whats your opinion on AXA vs BXA for this lathe... I have all my old AXA stuff but bought the generic BXA stuff from PM to get me started, eventually Ill want to buy a good set, I know this sounds dumb but I like the look of the Accusize QCTP and holders, and would like your opinion about it... If It's a must, I can Offord to buy the Aloris, Dorian or Phase II but I like how the tool holders on the Accusize are engraved - Will there really be that big a difference between them all...? Thanks mikey.
You might acquaint yourself with the previous posts on this topic. Here is one example:

Back