Let's dust this off a little

A friend of mine in Alaska had a Cessna Skyhawk (172?) that he would sometimes take me up in. Really torqued the wife off. He was an instructor and liked to sit on the right so I got the driver's seat. I think most of the engine controls were on my side, but all I knew how to do was pull the yoke and kick the pedals. He's like descend to this altitude but don't let the rpms exceed this. I'm like how do I do that? Such fun. Alaska's the wild west for flying but everyone should see it from the air!

Yep, there are some pilots here. I sold my Colemill Baron after 17 years of flying it all over the US, Canada and Mexico. Previous planes in reverse sequence were. Cessna 421B, Cessna 310R, Bonanza V35, Cessna 182P, Cessna 172, Piper TriPacer.

I hung it up in 2020, at the start of Covid, after 50 years of accident/incident free flying. It has certainly bern a great ride!

Attaced is the only handy shot of the Baron in Madras, Oregon, getting ready to see the total Solar eclipse.View attachment 433140
Man, sounds great!Looking forward to traveling GA again.

Awesome! I built an RV-12 (PP-ASEL) about 10 years ago with a group of folks, but we ended up selling it, and I haven't flown in a long while. Definitely miss it on sunny days!
I'll bet! I jones if it's been two weeks. Lol
Helped a friend with advice and pointers on his RV-12 build a few years ago. They're great planes, nice flyin too.

I bought.... once. A C-150.
Now i build. Built 3... crashed 2.... trying my dead level best to start my 4th.
Gonna go light. Really light. Just get my butt above the trees and really nothing more.

An Alaska sky trip is definitely on my bucket list!
Indeed! On one vacation I landed at Anchorage International and taxied on the surface streets over to the Lake Hood seaplane base, obeying all traffic signs, parked the Baron in their car parking lot and took a few days to get a seaplane rating. Now THAT was a kick.

I bought.... once. A C-150.
Now i build. Built 3... crashed 2.... trying my dead level best to start my 4th.
Gonna go light. Really light. Just get my butt above the trees and really nothing more.
You must be talkin' ultralight, huh?

Indeed! On one vacation I landed at Anchorage International and taxied on the surface streets over to the Lake Hood seaplane base, obeying all traffic signs, parked the Baron in their car parking lot and took a few days to get a seaplane rating. Now THAT was a kick.
That's awesome! I've seen that on youtube. If I ever get up there, I'll definitely have to do it just to say I did.

Back