Let's dust this off a little

some random pics from my personal stash:

fr_209.jpg
the above pic has special meaning to me. The gent on the right by the dutch door was my course mate, my brother. We lost him when the pilot of tusker 914 put the bird in the water and 3 men died. It still haunts me today. Rest easy my brother.

fr_532.jpgfr_540.jpgfr_767.jpgfr_789.jpgfr_792.jpgfr_819.jpgfr_822.jpgfr_888.jpgfr_902.jpgfr_970.jpgfr_1048.jpgfr_1065.jpgfr_1068.jpgfr_1097.jpgfr_1102.jpgfr_1170.jpgfr_1330.jpgfr_1332.jpg

Last edited:
I had my first flight when I was 5 years old in a C-195. I've had the itch to fly ever since, but life just got in the way. My goal is to start training in 2023...
Cool, go for it man! Good luck.:encourage:

Beautiful pics man! l chuckled at the pizza.:D

Pics are cool, but what I really want to know is if you have ever flown up the Labrador coast, with a Labrador retriever, in a CH-113 Labrador, while drinking a cup of Labrador tea? Because, as far as I know, this could only be accomplished by a few people, all of whom would have to be Canadian. This could be your ticket into the Guinness book!

Beautiful pics man! l chuckled at the pizza.:D
Long mission north, up past resolute bay, north of the 74th parallel. Way past being able to use Mag.

Took on food in Goose bay and nursed a couple pizzas for a couple hours.

Ya take what ya can get up there and thank heaven the Queen was paying for it.....you don't want to know how much they cost.

Pics are cool, but what I really want to know is if you have ever flown up the Labrador coast, with a Labrador retriever, in a CH-113 Labrador, while drinking a cup of Labrador tea? Because, as far as I know, this could only be accomplished by a few people, all of whom would have to be Canadian. This could be your ticket into the Guinness book!
Nice! :congratulate:

Labrador tea is disgusting. We made it on our survival course and I lost count of how many guys barfed their stomach contents with that disgusting liquid. My stomach is cast iron and even I could barely hold it down.

Same as when they showed us which bark is "edible'. Projectile vomiting all night long after that. You haven’t laughed until it hurts unless you’ve heard the guys in the 4 man tent next to you try to get out after they’re all bedded down for the night and someone has to hurl…not everyone made it out in time….

I was one of the few who didn't get sick on “edible” bark, mainly becuse I told the instructors to eff off when they said "eat". I knew the instructors (all SAR techs) so when I said eff off, they knew I meant it. They also knew that we'd be flying together again sometime in the future.

There's "playing the game" and then there's just plain eff'n stupid. The eff'n stupid guys ate the bark.....

I've done all the rest except the part with a dog on board. Going north of Goose is no joke in a CH113. Most places we take on fuel is just a cache, which is to say a pile of 45 gal drums buried in the snow.....assuming some of the locals haven't already found them and drained them dry.

Last edited:
A couple of random pictures. Nothing as awesome as @great white.

Attachments

• 0825001933a.jpg
    0825001933a.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0825001938.jpg
    0825001938.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20121021_102158.jpg
    IMG_20121021_102158.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 5
Going into San Diego. Totally against company policy to film this, but since I no longer fly it would be hard to reprimand me.

Attachments

• VID_20130222_121033.mp4
    12.8 MB
Back