Summer Get Together

I have 3 3800 <> RPM motors I cant give away. They are too fast for anything I have.
If anyone needs one shoot me a pm!

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Wermie,
Motor update:
He had several 1ph motors.
The used ones he'd have sold very reasonably, give away prices.
Many were 1/4 or 1/3hp.
He had a TEFC 1.5hp 1725rpm with bad bearings. I didn't know what you'd think about bearing replacement, chunk-ker-chunk, so I didn't bench test.
A flange mount 1hp ODP 1725rpm, wasn't sure what you'd think about the flange mount.
And a 1.5hp ODP 3450rpm. Seemed far to fast for most metals application.
He had several TEFC still in factory shrink wrap & boxes, he was talking near new pricing on these.

Sorry, this was a dry hydrant.

Daryl
MN

No problem, Daryl.

On another note, the Groups button is currently not available on the menu bar, so posting here should bring this thread back to the top and it should now show up for everyone in the "New Posts" button. With the planned get together coming up next week it is a bad time for the Groups button to be MIA, but we'll do the best we can to work around it.

To access the groups area go to this link: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/social-categories/social-groups.234/
From there you can access all of the groups.

Shoot can't make it up to dayton. It's the national motocross at sprint g creek which is just a hop skip and ju,p away. I hope everyone in attendance enjoys the day. Jay

This summer I've been doing what I refer to as a machine tool rebuilding apprenticeship. Dennis is a retired rebuilder. He takes two of us under his wing his wing for about 5hours once a week and teaches us machine tool geometry, scraping, etc, in the context of actually rebuilding a machine. Currently working on a Millrite. It's not yet been finalized, but we are tentatively rebuilding a Cincy Monoset Tool and Cutter grinder next!

Point is that he intends to be here, and is excited to provide rebuilding advise, an intro to scraping etc. Anyone is welcome to use my Andersons or my Biax. However, you will need to bring your own cast iron on which to practice scraping.

More as the week develops.
Call or email me should you want my address.

cell# 763-607-6836
email: ddoerin@inverhills.edu

Daryl
MN

A local guy who does high end custom cabinetry and furniture with 100year old woodworking machines, which he makes parts for out of his small machine shop is excited to meet all of you (perhaps we can get him to join HM!). Additionally, we will be graced with several other locals who I believe we need to encourage to join HM. If anyone has items to trade or sell bring them along.

Tried and True is adamantly confirming their desire to cover part of the meal. In exchange I promised to encourage everyone to stop by their shop. They open at 1000 on Saturdays, and will stop by our "party" after they close. My wife is "cooking and pulling pork" for the day so that it can simmer in a crock pot and no one needs to consciously think about cooking or a specific schedule for eating.

I've made no promises about anyone stopping at T&T. Just good honest working class people. They are located at:
250 Osborne Rd Ne,
Minneapolis, MN 55432

Between Main St NE/Commerce Ln NE and University Service Rd
Phone: (763) 574-0407

If everyone who tells me they will attend shows we will have 15plus people show (all are not yet members at HM, and we need to change that!).
Hoping for more!

Daryl
MN

Now that the big event is tomorrow I just want to make sure I have the plan correctly: Tried and True, if desired, any time after they open at 10:00 (and I always like to stop in there when I'm in the neighborhood), your (Daryl's) house at noon until whenever, with potluck food and snacks. Various activities, to be determined. I'm looking forward to it.

Bill

I don't expect that everyone will go to T&T. Regardless, I believe it is a good place with good people. And they are springing for part of lunch.
I expect I'll be in the shop by 0600, and anticipate that some people will arrive here by 0800. Most will arrive in the 1000-1200 window. Sounds like there are some who just want to sit and talk, others who want some serious hands on education. Others want to play with old iron. The event will be over when everybody leaves. I really don't expect that the last person will leave until 10pm. This is intentionally a very loose open ended day which will hopefully cater to everyone's needs.

Daryl
MN

Sorry, but I will not be able to make it fellas. I am currently writing from a motel lobby computer in Escanaba, Michigan. The truck that I drive for a living decided to lay down on me this morning. Parts are on order and should arrive tomorrow morning and hopefully I will be rolling toward home by noon, which will put me in the yard in Savage tomorrow evening, but too late to head up to Dayton.

I was looking forward to this too!

Sorry to hear that. Clearly we'll have to start planning the next get-together right away so some of the people who can't make it tomorrow will have another chance.

Bill

Back