1 Million + 1

Bolton….

just no
What is it about Bolton that is bad? I ask from ignorance. It looks like other imports.

I get it that manufacturers all make the "same" lathe with slightly different features and parts sourced from different suppliers, each od differing quality. You are emphatic. May I ask why?

Thanks,
John

What is it about Bolton that is bad? I ask from ignorance. It looks like other imports.

I get it that manufacturers all make the "same" lathe with slightly different features and parts sourced from different suppliers, each od differing quality. You are emphatic. May I ask why?

Thanks,
John
Personal experience.

I traded for one that had been dropped. After dealing with Toolots, and seeing the quality first hand I’m convinced they are the worst of the Chinese importers.

Yes, one off stuff on eBay can rival them but mostly in the tiny machine category.

We’ve seen so many members come here after buying inferior quality equipment and the story is almost always the same. So much time and frustration to get something working the way it should have in the first place.

Just ask here on any machine (new or used) and you’ll get an honest response in short order.

Knowledge is power….

John

Oh, and you can’t tell anything from the photos on an importers website.

Kinda like a dating app….

John

To All, a big thanks. I learned a lot and appreciate your time, thoughts, and experience.

I am not going to rush. I look at the classifieds every day and resist the impulse to buy just anything. At some point I'll find the gem I am looking for.

Y'all have been very good to me, and I appreciate it.

John

To All, a big thanks. I learned a lot and appreciate your time, thoughts, and experience.

I am not going to rush. I look at the classifieds every day and resist the impulse to buy just anything. At some point I'll find the gem I am looking for.

Y'all have been very good to me, and I appreciate it.

John
Patience is your friend here. Do your research and be ready to buy when the right machine comes along.

Wish you were local a Clausing 1550 showed up on the local classifieds for 3k (steal).. It was gone same day of course.

Back