1340GT decision

I had the Fanuc conversational which is probably similar to Mazatrol . As you said , I could program and make the part complete before a manual lathe would be set up . I should've bought the machine back then .

Yea if doing mazatrol it’s pretty easy but with a cam system it’s even faster but not all at the control.

You don’t need to buy my machine but if you want to purchase a cnc let me know I can help you and get you started. I’ve helped some other guys get started and I don’t mind helping.

Awesome, thank you

I eventually went to Unigraphics and smartcam but I could still program faster at the console . If I had the time and space I would love to get a smallish cnc lathe and maybe a prototrac BP . That's all I would ever need at this stage of life . :encourage:

I eventually went to Unigraphics and smartcam but I could still program faster at the console . If I had the time and space I would love to get a smallish cnc lathe and maybe a prototrac BP . That's all I would ever need at this stage of life . :encourage:

I like mazatrol at the machine.

I’m between a doosan machine at around 120k and a Mazak around 160k

The doosan does not have anything but g code. But Mazak has mazatrol.

But I have that smallish cnc lathe (it’s very compact and the cabinets open from the side so it can be against a wall.)

And a 3 axis dynapath that I have to sell.

Interesting . I had a Dynapath as well . Nice little machine . I sold a ship pot load of my cnc lathe tooling years ago , still have alot though . Looks like the Mazak has the same turret as the Makino . ( I shouldn't have opened this thread ) :grin:

Which reminds me . I believe I have the Fanuc books at home and I promised them to Alloy . I'll have to try and locate them tomorrow .

My Mazak has vdi holders with live tooling capability. If you are interested let me know it’s a great machine. Holds tenths. I just had to do a batch of 15 parts and held +-.0002 on diameter over two days. I was pretty impressed actually. Once the machine is warmed up it will do better than than for the 7 or so parts I did the second day they measured within a tenth.

But my shop is climate controlled so that can make a big difference when working to tenths.

Back