2015 POTD Thread Archive

The mighty wire wheel is my friend, shrapnel and all!

Right on---a definite must in each of my working areas---they usually don't don't throw wires continuously until the wheel is ready for replacement---and I just use 1725 rpm motors---and I always have eye protection for them and grinders----I only use the knotted wheels on hand angle grinders because they run very high rpm------Dave

MattM

I am thinking that in the interest of Public Safety we should all come over and test the results of your Argon block on the wine. Do don't want unsuspecting customers doing that! leave it to some of us suspecting ones! :whistle:

Motor looks good. For the base you might want to weld a grid of #4 rebar in the rim and fill it with some concrete mix. Mike

MattM

I am thinking that in the interest of Public Safety we should all come over and test the results of your Argon block on the wine. Do don't want unsuspecting customers doing that! leave it to some of us suspecting ones! :whistle:

Come on over we are having a Super Bowl special:

Dear Friends of the Crow and Bear,
This week only, in honor of the Seahawks, a free 2-liter growler (normally $25) when you buy two liters of wine. Offer good through Superbowl Sunday, while supplies last. Ring the buzzer, if no answer call 541-479-0163.

Finished a replacement base for a garage sale Craftsman vise. (first photo)
I made a copper clad counter top for my sister for Christmas. (second photo)

mhooper

visebase1.jpg countertop3.jpg

Both look good but that bar is incredible. Do you have some build pictures of it?

Jeff

Finished a replacement base for a garage sale Craftsman vise. (first photo)
I made a copper clad counter top for my sister for Christmas. (second photo)

mhooper

Both look good but that bar is incredible. Do you have some build pictures of it?

Jeff

No sorry, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Copper is a lot tougher to work with than plastic laminate.

mhooper

Back