2015 POTD Thread Archive

Are you making a horror movie? Or just trying to scare the neighbors senseless for keeping you up at night with their barking dog?!

Are you making a horror movie? Or just trying to scare the neighbors senseless for keeping you up at night with their barking dog?!
Its for the neighbors who walk their damn dogs at 5:45am every morning and set every other dog in the area off.:mad:
My daughters partner is involved with experimental music and sounds so its for him.:cool 3:

I like your anvil, Mark - and I'll hazard a guess it was a whole lot cheaper than the Real McCoy! Good anvils bring huge dollars here in Oz - and every time I see one for a reasonable figure, it's 4000 kms away!
Freighting a decent-size anvil across Australia isn't exactly an economic option! :(

Very cool I have never of these. Love to see a vid when you are done.

Used the curved part of a carbide wood router bit to form the rounded ends of 26 lengths of stainless rod.
Please ignore the welding it was very very thin stainless.
search for "Waterphone" on youtubeto see what it will hopefully be and sound like

Made a worm and gear, my first time to do this. I first made two worms from some 4140 bar (8 tpi acme) and then cut gashes in one and used that to make the gear (delrin plastic). Eventually I want to make a 4th axis for my CNC router, this is the first step. Since this will be powered by a stepper and a computer will handle the math, I did not really care about the ratio for my first attempt (ended up with 130:1). The delrin blank was purposely mounted above center, I am thinking this will allow simple adjustment for backlash/wear.worm-2.jpg worm-1.jpg worm-2.jpg worm-1.jpg

I've finally stuck the last part on the wheel dolly for my toolbox lathe stand. I couldn't help putting the wheels on it and rolling it around. I have to take them off and paint it now.

Dolly_0491.JPG

I attached the angle brackets the box will sit on with plug welds about every 6 inches.

plug weld_0488.JPG

Yendor, Yes that is a piece of track.

Brian, Yes I cut it close (to close in a couple spots) with the torch then finished with a grinder.

onetrack, Yes it was way cheaper since the rail was free. all I have into it is electric, a grinding when, and some oxy acetylene. They may be a tad cheaper here but still a bit pricy Yes freight would be high

Back