2015 POTD Thread Archive

Ken, no, I said them to myself. the steel did not clamp it's self. I shifted it to hold the round instead of the boss and drilled the hole, after I iced my face of course. One more funny fact here. I had just thought I need to sharpen this bit, if I had of stopped to sharpen it I would not have been pushing so hard on the drill motor.
a physics less was also relearn some thing about the end of a rod moving in an arc around a pivot point accelerating faster.......
Mark

Not wearing them was the point I was driving at, the injury appeared consistent with no glasses on ;)

Dont you just hate it when you have to say to yourself "I knew I should have done that"Flustered
I'm glad its not worse. Good health.

Chevdyl, yeah I knew that was where you were going. It seems like it would have just missed them though. the bruising is not where it hit me, it hit at a point 45deg down from the corner of the eye and about half way to the beard. But I should have had them on drilling.

Savarin, Yes! Thanks for the good wishes.

Mark

This happened after some two hours of work. I think metal fatigue made the whole thing happened. If you consider that the engine is made in China and the security pin worked for a couple of summers making 9800 ups and downs a minute it lasted quite some time

Very nice photos and explanation. Too bad about the damage.

What we do. Beware, this is my first attempt with this new very complicated camera. This GK 1918 is usually
used for line boring. Good ole Greaves Klusman still making a pay check for 100 yrs old. This short vidio
is a new casting boat strut being line bored. The audio is ??? the boring bar looks bent in the vid, but
is not, must be the wagon wheel effect? This should get me a thousand dislikes, do I got my seat belt
on lol

samStrut.jpg .

This suppose to be a vidio??? whats up with that?

sam

YOu are right that makes it look bent or off centered for some reason. Thanks for the Vid. nice work.

Back