2019 POTD Thread Archive

Its kind of funny that the only thing that I could find around here the right size to install a new distributor drive seal was this chunk of titanium.

Titanium does not rust at all and would still be silver in colour, unless these pieces were rolled in mud.

Titanium does not rust at all and would still be silver in colour, unless these pieces were rolled in mud.

There's no rust, it is just dirty. Also it is light and makes bright white sparks on a grinding wheel.

Got the surface grinder home today with no incidents . I know ………………………….

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN WITHOUT PICS !!

Home safe and sound . Anyone looking for a B&S 618 ? :) The grinder had to go to make room for a new Amada punch press . I really don't need or want a grinder , but ……………….well , you know how it goes ! :grin:

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Last edited:
made a new motor mount for my lathe
attachment.php

cut up a truck stub axle I found at the side of the road on the way home
attachment.php

cut up the spline section to get a piece of metal out for making a pen knife. Cost about 3x the amount in $ and time compared with using O1, but what a story!
attachment.php

got the chunk milled down to roughly the right thickness and found all the other bits I'll need
attachment.php

I don't really want or need a Clausing Kondia mill either …………………………...BUT , here we go again ! :big grin:

Back