2020 POTD Thread Archive

Hinge holes all drilled . The Kreg jig works very well. Not sure if it would hold up to building a set of kitchen cabinets but it works well for my hobby needs.
(Note the Tom Lipton ‘no bozo’ circles so I didn’t mess up.)
241d8f647856446fb10d3dc86405c348.jpg
The Kreg jig works amazingly well for pocket holes. I haven't seen one for Euro-style cabinet hinges.

The Kreg jig works amazingly well for pocket holes. I haven't seen one for Euro-style cabinet hinges.

I was given the full-blown pocket hole jig but have never used it. I am planning a new shop cabinet build so I expect I will use it a fair bit.

I have messed with lots of Mopar small blocks, but you have me on this one. Whats the deal with the bolt pattern for the trans bell?

Low speed finish turner...

One of those hobbies I've had for my entire adult life is making fishing rods, and they're always coated with epoxy. I use a rotisserie motor to turn them. They're slow motors but fast enough to keep the finish level as it sets. I run the rods overnight, more or less, and the epoxy sets up enough to not run any more.

The drawback for your use is that it can only handle one rod at a time, while yours holds eight. I've never needed to be concerned about throughput since I build one rod at a time for my wife or me. One rod every few years.

Back