2020 POTD Thread Archive

forcing a wire through the hose isn't really going to tell you anything other than if there's a hard blockage. You'd need to use a syringe of brake fluid and try to force fluid through from either end.

For the tires, if anything they're heavily overinflated. Not sure what the door specs on your car are, but 32-35psi is a more normal range. Have you had an alignment done recently? That'd be the first step. If that doesn't fix it then you have something worn in your suspension (shocks and/ or joints) that either causes bouncing or allows the tires to pull out of alignment.

Had that issue on the rear tires of a 2000 Focus (newer and fewer miles than your Peugeot) and it only went away after replacing the rear dampers, springs and suspension joints. Replacing one thing (dampers say) only fixed part of the problem. Also saw this on a friend's Taurus, replacing the rear shocks fixed that. She was getting bad cupping after just a few hundred miles and the shocks were shot.

I'm running 3,5 bar (50 PSI) in the front tires, and i keep up on my tire pressures i may try going higher pressure. As for the brake line, i'm sure is not collapsed, you can see the wire thru it, i also managed to stretch it straight and look all they way thru it. The french at the time this vehicle was built took a lot of pride and they used good materials, i'll be installing worse rubber line then i'll be taking off. You can see the date 04 of 1996 and that line is still soft and there are no cracks in it at all, all the writing is like new. I'm leaning more to the caliper or ABS pump, this car is so heavy it never activates the abs system, perhaps there is a blockage in the pump.
View attachment 349249View attachment 349250

I figured that you knew about tire pressures and were the kind of guy who would watch such things closely. What kind of tires are you running? 50 psi seems a bit high. Unless they are 8 or 10 ply. I would (you probably have already) inspect the whole front end. Alignment may be the problem, but usually alignment problems affect only one side of the tires.
My vote still goes to caliper on brakes. Good luck.

Chuck

Not metal related but still in the shop.
Finishing up some built-in bathroom cabinets.
Just cut the doors out. Now to edge and and drill for hinges.
I love my Unisaw!
dc7dfc1db8c752226b8974e8c7e24b6d.jpg

Not metal related but still in the shop.
Finishing up some built-in bathroom cabinets.
Just cut the doors out. Now to edge and and drill for hinges.
I love my Unisaw!
dc7dfc1db8c752226b8974e8c7e24b6d.jpg
It's so shiny!

I figured that you knew about tire pressures and were the kind of guy who would watch such things closely. What kind of tires are you running? 50 psi seems a bit high. Unless they are 8 or 10 ply. I would (you probably have already) inspect the whole front end. Alignment may be the problem, but usually alignment problems affect only one side of the tires.
My vote still goes to caliper on brakes. Good luck.

Chuck
This car is a heavyweight, with me is right at 2,2t so i'm running van tires, they are rated at 900 kg each and are rated up to 65 Psi, the front end suspension is tight also the front and rear end alignment has been done 2-3 years ago and it's going in straight line, as for the brakes they seem better after bleeding some fresh fluid thru them, i've bought me some more Dot4 brake fluid i'll be flashing the entire system. A friend suggested perhaps i'm over driving the tires in the turns, i'm not sure how that is possible.
IMG_20201007_161410.jpg

Last edited:
the thing is, if everything is perfect then you shouldn't be seeing odd tire wear, right? 24 year old car (with several 100,000kms right?) on original suspension components in a country with fairly crappy roads?

the thing is, if everything is perfect then you shouldn't be seeing odd tire wear, right? 24 year old car (with several 100,000kms right?) on original suspension components in a country with fairly crappy roads?
The engine is over 2M km the body and suspension is around 6-700 000 km and 24-25 years, roads around here are pretty bad, and i'm not a slow driver. Suspension bushes and ball joints have been replaced and they is no play in them, this generation of cars were made to drive on cobbled roads, because than France was only cobbled. The suspension is almost bombproof, i may stop by alignment shop to check the alignment.

Last edited:
Hinge holes all drilled . The Kreg jig works very well. Not sure if it would hold up to building a set of kitchen cabinets but it works well for my hobby needs.
(Note the Tom Lipton ‘no bozo’ circles so I didn’t mess up.)
241d8f647856446fb10d3dc86405c348.jpg

Last edited:
Back