70° today and no shop time!

Gimme a break. Snow?! Whomever it is up North that sent this, please refrain. :grin:

1543985558070.png

On a Mac, the degree symbol (º) is option-zero. I keep a cheat sheet of common symbols on my desktop.

"96º in the shade". Thanks John, that's a good one to know. Mike

Oh, to get the 'degree' symbol gang, it's simple.
This is for a Window$ based PC and a full keyboard, I'm not sure how to do it on a laptop. A program called CharMap will also work using Copy and Paste, but for me that's too time consuming.
Hold down the <ALT> key, and while it is still depressed type out the following keys on the 10-Key Pad on the right hand side of your keyboard.
2,4,8 or 0,1,7,6.
Here's a chart showing a bunch of available special characters:
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗
https://usefulshortcuts.com/downloads/ALT-Codes.pdf
╚═══════════════════════════════════╝
Thanks, Dan. That worked, but in a roundabout way. When I reply to you (or type any message), a tool bar shows up at the top of the text screen. Hovering over the 12th icon, 'Insert' shows up in a drop-down. The fourth option is </>code. I clicked on that, and a screen showed up. I clicked 'continue', and I was back at my message with [/CODE] at the cursor. I put in your code (Alt248) and there it was! The degree symbol. Then, I went back and deleted all the "
Code:
..." stuff, and I was left with just the degree symbol.

I'm going to bookmark your chart for future use.

Regards,
Terry

P.S.:  It was 28° and clear at sunrise this morning.

Oh, to get the 'degree' symbol gang, it's simple.
This is for a Window$ based PC and a full keyboard, I'm not sure how to do it on a laptop. A program called CharMap will also work using Copy and Paste, but for me that's too time consuming.
Hold down the <ALT> key, and while it is still depressed type out the following keys on the 10-Key Pad on the right hand side of your keyboard.
2,4,8 or 0,1,7,6.
Here's a chart showing a bunch of available special characters:
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗
https://usefulshortcuts.com/downloads/ALT-Codes.pdf
╚═══════════════════════════════════╝
Okay, that answer looks funny on the thread. Here's a quick-and-dirty attempt at an answer. At sunrise, we had 28° and clear.

Regards,
Terry

Jeez, my cojones retracted up into my abdomen just reading this!
Indeed. You do not have to live in Hawaii to have this reaction:eek 2:. I was born and raised here, so it is not shocking, just not alot of fun. What IS shocking is that I can drive 3 hrs to find the Arizona of the movies (cactus, 110 degrees in the shade, and rattlesnakes). I have family there, and we take turns condemning each other's seasons.:big grin:
That said, my hat is off to those that live in the upper Midwest. Ice storms, weeks of rain, tornadoes, flood, BUGS, 100 degrees and 100 % humidity!?!?:faint:. I am just fine right here.

At 5000 feet in Colorado, no rust. Period. Just wish I had insulated the workshop. Cold machinery is cold, regardless of the level of humidity. I can deal with a cold room, but the fingers don't like cold handles. Have taken to using a heat gun on the handles prior to use.

Sun is finally out! It has been pretty much raining off and on for the past 2 weeks.

Sun is finally out! It has been pretty much raining off and on for the past 2 weeks.
Us, too. Got 2+ inches yesterday in about 4 hours. Because the ground's so saturated, that caused the creek next to our farm to flood. Come on, sunshine!

Regards,
Terry

Back