70° today and no shop time!

very unusual for us, it hasnt stopped raining for a week. This is continuous rain very heavy.
The yard is flooded and its seeping into the downstairs rooms through the blockwork.
The forcast is at least another week of it.
I dunno, from drought and water restrictions to flood and inundation in one easy lesson.

Barncat's pict of snow is sending a chill through my body.
Now if I were (40) years younger and headed out to snowmobile - then I'd be sayin' Hot D*mn!

Aw, c'mon, Mikey. Yer really makin' (some of) us feel bad. :(

And Mikey is probably grinning ear to ear. There is a simple cure to cold weather -- MOVE! That is what my family did, '57 Buick, big U haul trailer, we all got in the car and moved to California -- in February of 1959. Never looked back...

I live less than a minute away from a beautiful white sand beach with turquoise blue water, fronted by 3.5 miles of the most beautiful scenic coastline on Oahu. I know its tough but somebody just has to live here, right?

Reactions: Z2V
I’m staying with a friend in Hilo this week, and up until today it was a bit chilly. I almost had to put on a coat last night. :)

Last edited:
Today was beautiful here, High temp 28, humidity midday about 30. Not a cloud in the sky, if the wind blew is was less than 3MPH.
Just enough snow on the ground to make it white, and snow capped peaks visible almost every direction.

I’m staying with a friend in Hilo this week, and up until today it was a bit chilly. I almost had to put on a coat last night.

Go up to Mauna Kea. Should have snow this time of year up there.

Most folks don't realize that the number 1 killer for outdoor activities in Hawaii is hypothermia. When I used to hunt on the slopes of Mauna Kea, night time temps often got into the 30's ... in the summer. You get stuck on the side of a mountain at night and get rained on and it can get deadly cold out here.

snow should only be allowed on picture post cards. Period.

Temp still dropping at midnight.....presently -42F....................o_OP1020374.JPG

I noticed the cobwebs too but will have to wait to clean it up I guess....:grin:

Geeezz, I just can’t imagine that kind of cold.

Never in my life. BBBRRRRRRRR
I heard on the news yesterday morning, Indiana temperatures are hitting a low not seen since the early 1800's.
I was out in the shop at work all day yesterday in a t-shirt. 67 degrees.
Ah-California :)

Back