70° today and no shop time!

P.S.: Missed setting an all-time record in 2018 by about half an inch. All this rain, and we don't even have bragging rights.

Back before Thanksgiving I had a plan to get some Shop Time.
Doc sent me a Care Package to use on the 1440 lathe, and I had straightened up the shop a bit, picked up some fire bricks,
got the flash back arrestors, scrounged material, I was ready!
And you know what they say about "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

In two months I've had only two days of proper Shop Time, and that was for making up a Christmas present for the Wife.
Any available time that came around has been chewed up repairing Honey's car, and it's been wearing me out.
So now there's two benches scattered with vehicle parts and tools.

Today we've got an inch or so of snow on the ground, and it's getting colder. 58° yesterday, 27° as I write up this whiny post.
At least the forecast has been revised and we're not facing the single digits they had predicted.

Its 73 degrees here in Hawaii and for us, that's cold! Should get into the high 70's today, though. I sure feel for you guys that are freezing your cojones off "up north".

It's early afternoon and the sun is out through some haze. The temperature is -30 degreees F(-35C) with a wind chill of
about -60 degrees Farenheit. I havn't seen any mosquitos lately though...:encourage:

Yeah. They're predicting -35 Wednesday night and -27 tonight. My poor heat pump will be working double over time.

Yeah. They're predicting -35 Wednesday night and -27 tonight. My poor heat pump will be working double over time.

That's what you get for living down south.:devil: ....................................:grin:

It is 7 degrees F here, got 12" of snow overnight. Supposed to be 5 below zero tomorrow for a high. Will not be working in the unheated shop anytime soon.IMG_20190129_140148861.jpg

Its 73 degrees here in Hawaii and for us, that's cold! Should get into the high 70's today, though. I sure feel for you guys that are freezing your cojones off "up north".
Aw, c'mon, Mikey. Yer really makin' (some of) us feel bad. :(

Aw, c'mon, Mikey. Yer really makin' (some of) us feel bad. :(
And Mikey is probably grinning ear to ear. There is a simple cure to cold weather -- MOVE! That is what my family did, '57 Buick, big U haul trailer, we all got in the car and moved to California -- in February of 1959. Never looked back...

Here we have a population that we call Winter Texans. Not a bad plan to be South in the Winter and North in the Summer. And if you built two shops you get twice as much space to fill up with stuff :).

Reactions: Z2V
Back