Just got this but rated for 9.5 HP. Have another coming rated 4hp@220

Attachments

• 1106231344.jpg
    1106231344.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 2
You're really new at this aren't you? Overrating is fine- its' what you want
Do one more test (post #40)

Last edited:
How could you tell lol! I just did the test from formally disconnected wire to the transformer . I have no continuity to any of the wires

You the man mark thank you, thank you . put that switch in and it all works. I went through that last test just blindly following your instructions not understanding what the purpose was .
I installed the overkill switch and vola. Working, run light stays on fwd/reverse works, couldn't be happier.

Welcome to hobby-machinist.com

Now go make some chips :cool:

John

Yes looking for some decent round stock in local suppliers drop bin. Want to make what's called tipping dies for a bead roller. Simple really but somewhere to start.

Wow that was fast! Glad I could help- you missed an "i" it's "voila" :)
It's always ok to upsize the ratings on a contactor as long as it fits in the physical space provided, has the same coil voltage, etc.
It'll just last that much longer- it's not like a car where the part has to match exactly
Ciao
PS Tacoma is a nice area- I remember going thru there as a kid with my folks
we stopped at Tumwater to see the Oly brewery too- fun

Last edited:
Yeah between my spelling and auto correct i should proof everything . just got back from spending almost the lathe purchase price on the mobile oils which came in 5 gal buckets. Life time supply I suspect. Thanks again you saved the day.

Back