Accuremote or igaging

It hasn't even shipped yet. Still shows as 'Processing'... *SIGH*
Correction: Just checked again and it has shipped! 8-16 Days via ups *YEA*
Congratulations!

How many days before it shipped? My order detail shows about 3 days, 10 hours remaining. Did you activate the 'Extend Processing Time' option or did they make it under the wire?

Just wondering. And planning.

Regards,
Terry

Made it under the wire, just a few hours left. I had sent Wilson a message asking if i should extend it.

About to bite the bullet and put a DRO on my 8520. Is one of these better than the other? I read Yuri's account of them but it's a little dated I think and the new igaging scales are stainless also. The accuremote is certainly cheaper but do their controllers work as well as the igaging? The igaging seems to have more reviews on this board than the others.

Since you said they're stainless, I assume you're referring to the iGaging Absolute DRO Plus scales.
If you decide to go that way, make SURE you're not ordering the iGaging Absolute Origin scales.
While the Absolute Origin Plus scales work with Yuri's Touch DRO, the Absolute Origin scales do not.
I know because that's the scales I originally bought with the intension of using them with Touch DRO. As far as I know, no-one has yet been able to hack the protocol those scales use, although I'm still working toward that end.

A friend of mine at work uses the Digimatic scales with Touch DRO and loves it and they are cheaper.
I have an 8520 as well and either of these scales are easy to mount on it.
Oh, a couple more things to consider.
1. My friend told me the cables on his Digimatic scales were not shielded so if you go with them you'll have to order replacement shielded cables unless they changed to shielded cables.
2. If the Absolute Origin Plus scales are like mine, the refresh rate is 10 Hz. This causes a slight delay in position update if you're moving fast possibly causing you to overshoot.
3. One positive for the Absolute Origin Plus scales is they are ABSOLUTE. A loss of power will not result in loss of position. Yuri's site shows how to build a cheap battery back-up for the Digimatic scales, but this won't work for any quadrature style scales for anything more than a quick flicker in power loss.

I have spent the last several days reading many threads all over this site and following links to other sites looking for the newest information on these DRO sources. I thought I had found it here but it seems to end about a year ago before the Chinese kits arrived. Did they ever make it? Did they work? Would you do it again?
I'm looking for two sets a 3 axis for my mill/drill and a 2 axis for my lathe. I want as low of a price as is practical but I want real DRO readouts with some functions and a calculator with it's only use being for it's machine. I've been looking at the Igaging with Blu-DRO and Touch stuff until I am totally confused between what has taken place from 2013 until today. Is there help for me? :)

Back