Another too good to be true item??

Ok, you win... My early morning math was definitely wrong! :eek:

I am very curious what we will get... If anything at all.

My father responded to a CL add once "12 powermatic cabinet saw $1"... I still have that 12" Powermatic 71 cabinet saw... with new bearings and a new shaft on the blade elevation... But for $1 the guy even loaded it for him!
Sure I'm quite sure I'll get my money back, just interesting that this isn't widespread enough for Ebay to crack down on it.

I have had a few of these deals where Ebay caught on, and did the closing, and refunding before I realized something was amiss. Had one about a month ago, where shortly after I made the purchase, there was many giving negative feedbacks, saying the item never arrived, and the tracking showed it delivered to the wrong city/ state. I looked, and even asked on the Ebay forum, and found no way to report to ebay,. and get them a heads up that a big scam was going down. Still when I try to use the report item to ebay link on an add, I get a blank page. I saw trhis one on the 11th, and you could see the classical scam. The seller had 100% feedback, but all for small under $5 or so items, for over a year. Then on the 11th, they suddenly have several items that are a super bargain, and they have sold many starting on the 11th. And again, no way to report it to Ebay.

Would be interesting to see ebay or PayPal list who looses, and who gains on these scams.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Tom

A couple months ago I bought something on eBay. A RS485 USB adapter. It never came. Contacted seller saying I didn’t receive it. No reply. Asked eBay to step in and they refunded the money.

Might be same with this deal. Maybe a guy has a pallet of these and just wants to move them.

Not long ago there was the deal with 24 cans of Tap Magic for very very low price and it was real.

Well, on my original post I said I found this buyer looking for a vacuum pump and gauge kit which I ordered. I just received shipping notice. Although the item location was listed as California, the shipping tracking shows item accepted in China and that it is an "epacket". A little research shows that epackets can not exceed 4.4lbs (2kg). The researching the pump model, it alone weighs 13.5 lbs. So no idea what was shipped, but can guarantee it's not what I ordered.

Not long ago there was the deal with 24 cans of Tap Magic for very very low price and it was real.

Not for me, it wasn't real. Cancelled my order on me.

Ron

Yep that was Amazon, I got one, I think it was around 12$ or .50 / can

A little research shows that epackets can not exceed 4.4lbs (2kg). The researching the pump model, it alone weighs 13.5 lbs. So no idea what was shipped, but can guarantee it's not what I ordered.

At least I got a U.S. 50 cent piece on my deal that was supposed to be an $800.00 3d printer.
Wait maybe I should check it closer it may be counterfeit. o_O

At least I got a U.S. 50 cent piece on my deal that was supposed to be an $800.00 3d printer.
Wait maybe I should check it closer it may be counterfeit. o_O
It was probably just an innocent typo on the seller's part. Or a glitch in their English-as-a-second-language translator made in China. I'm sure they intended to say "3D Printed" instead of "3D Printer". A 3D printed 50 cent piece for $800 is a heck of a deal... for somebody. ;)

Tom

Back