Another too good to be true item??

I have better things to do than wasting my time trying to beat a scammer at his own game...

Well put! I couldn't agree more.

Look at the seller's completed items. Over 200 of them. The oldest being 4 days ago. No current items listed. Look at his feedback. Oh wait, you can't because he has it hidden. Look how many he's received in the last month. Three. He sells over 200 items in 4 days and only has 3 feedback in the past month.

The guy stole someones ebay account via a phishing email so he has an existing account that has a respectable amount of feedback vs opening a new account and having none, threw a ton of buy-it-now auctions up at ridiculously low prices, sells a bunch quickly, pockets the money and then disappears before ebay and paypal can figure out what's going on. It's happened many times before and is nothing new.

So yes, why bother?

Oops! I didn't think of this: He had over 200 listings. Each listing had multiple items. So he actually sold thousands of items in 4 days. So maybe he hit 6 figures in total sales?

I need 3 of those vfds Mike ,and saw that ad last night . I can't make out good from bad ads anymore on the bay . Frustrating .

I can't make out good from bad ads anymore on the bay . Frustrating .
Ain't that the truth. I just got a old multimeter that was listed as tested, and working fine. I guess they only tested one setting, this is what the inside is like. Yes, the wires are soldered to the 9 volt battery, and the corrosion extends down to the lower circuit board. I guess no more ebay, unless they have pics inside and out.

0614191427-00.jpg

I have a lot to sell on Ebay , Craigslist , here etc . When possible , I get my son to shoot a film of the tools working in action . I sell many engines on CL that way and I don't pull the engines until they are in my driveway and the cash is in hand ! :big grin:

Anyone in need of a strobe tach ? :surrender:

I don’t think it’s an outright scam on the B & S indexing Head. Could be any number of other possibilities as far as the low price. For 50.00 it’s worth the risk of wasting time IMO. Personally I’m thinking they are poor quality units which will need some tlc to get working smoothly. Or they might be missing the worm gears. There’s no mention of 40:1 ratio.
Heck... with EBay it could be anything... even a store which is front set up to launder money.

It is eBay's store, and they need to run it in a businesslike manner. If not, shun the site, close them down, and do business with people you can trust. Demand excellent support for a safe and proactive site, and shun them if they do not deliver. We don't have time to put up with flakes...

Speaking of too good to be true, just ordered this. We shall see. Mike

Enter your search keyword

TOP 7.5KW 220V 10HP 34A VFD VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER CE QUALITY

TOP 7.5KW 220V 10HP 34A VFD VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER CE QUALITY

Item price$48.59
Quantity1
Item number183846475406
Shipping service FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery

That's the same seller as the dividing head

Ain't that the truth. I just got a old multimeter that was listed as tested, and working fine. I guess they only tested one setting, this is what the inside is like. Yes, the wires are soldered to the 9 volt battery, and the corrosion extends down to the lower circuit board. I guess no more ebay, unless they have pics inside and out.

View attachment 296687

I've been very satisfied with this one: https://www.banggood.com/ANENG-AN80...-p-1157985.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

includes a good selection of test leads

Arf! What a horrible mess!

Back