Anyone going to Cabin Fever 2023?

Haven't attended for a while but it was great.

CF 2001.jpg

The Huxhold lathe was the highlight of the show for me.

HUXHOLD 01.JPG

HUXHOLD 02.JPG

Note the 1" ruler on the compound for reference.
HUXHOLD 05.JPG

I did not see Ed, nor Dave. Dave was working and wouldn't be leaving work until 1:30 :rolleyes: I tried to get Ed's phone # from him. I should have tried to get it previously. I almost bought a piece of 2 1/4 Cast Iron Round,until I looked up the price online .. if and when I need it, I'll get it. I did get a good deal on a 3" Delrin round, about 18-24 inches for $20. 2 Starrett scales (small flexible 10th scales) for $25, and some stuff from LMS: spill proof container, cobalt center bits #1-5 and some blue dykem. I have red, out of blue for a long time.

There was a nice Clausing lathe with a lot of accessories for a good price $1800.. I don't know if it ran, I saw a vfd underneath, but only a regular switch on top and no speed control knob in sight (or I missed it). It appeared to be between 9 and 12 inches. I'm thinking maybe it was a 10"

I didn't see any consignment unless that was all the toy stuff. Some impressive builds there. Was it worth 2 hours each way? For me it's hard to say. I was gone by 10:45 So in 1:45 I saw a lot, and it was packed.

edit: Actually thinking about it, the lathe was in the consignment area, there was a table where you brought your item... so that must have been the consignment area. The only thing there that caught my interest was the Clausing and a PM Research lathe kit for $130.

Last edited:
Today was a bust for me as work interfered , but I can't turn down 2 1/2 x pay at this point . I made a few bucks vs spending a few . Monday is a holiday which I'll have to work again . I'll take it . Next 3 months I'll take anything that will help for retirement . So how was the show ? Did they load the dirt up for the RC toys ? Was the nuclear sub there this year ?

Today was a bust for me as work interfered , but I can't turn down 2 1/2 x pay at this point . I made a few bucks vs spending a few . Monday is a holiday which I'll have to work again . I'll take it . Next 3 months I'll take anything that will help for retirement . So how was the show ? Did they load the dirt up for the RC toys ? Was the nuclear sub there this year ?
I was there early Friday morning and this was the only sub I saw.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 05.45.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 05.45.23 PM.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 14
No dirt; I think the last time I saw it was 2019? Can’t remember if they had it in 2020 or not.

Good attendance Friday and packed today, but fewer vendors and the pickings in the Consignment Area were slim (I lucked into the Last Word, 104 & 196: guy was just unloading stuff while I was standing and grabbed the 771 & 196). The box with 104 and baby mike was looking lonesome yesterday so I opened it not expecting much.

No dirt ? :cussing:So the RC toys were not there ?

No dirt; I think the last time I saw it was 2019? Can’t remember if they had it in 2020 or not.

Good attendance Friday and packed today, but fewer vendors and the pickings in the Consignment Area were slim (I lucked into the Last Word, 104 & 196: guy was just unloading stuff while I was standing and grabbed the 771 & 196). The box with 104 and baby mike was looking lonesome yesterday so I opened it not expecting much.

oh there was dirt. A huge mound of it. Some of the construction equip was impressive. The drag line bucket and the control for it (like sitting in the real thing). The cranes were impressive, and the mining dump trucks were impressive. Carrying a massive amount of gravel.
I went to every room. Also impressive was the trains. The steamer was so impressive.

So how did chazz miss the dirt room ? That was the most interesting things to see !

So how did chazz miss the dirt room ? That was the most interesting things to see !
Must have been in one of the side rooms. The pond was in the big room (#5?) with the vendors & engines.

Unless they didn't add it until after I left Friday: I was in the Consignment Area and only along the "left" wall for a few minutes in the big room today, but I'm sure I wouldn't have missed the dirt if it had been in there if it was as big as in past years.

Wow! it was a much bigger show than I thought and there were deals to be had, I just wish I was more prepared, I will be next year!
Sorry I missed hooking up with anyone from HM, but I had a great time anyway.

The dirt room was off to the side of the room to the right of the consignment room 1& 2 I think, almost missed it myself, didn't see it till my 2nd walkthrough.

Back