Arboga Maskiner EM825

rodm717

Registered
Registered
I just bought one of these from auction and appears to be fairly uncommon here in the US. It is a Swedish made gearhead mill/drill on a integrated base. Searching google, most posts and information on the manufacturer have been in its home country of Sweden. At this point I am trying to get glean as much information as possible. I will be physically picking up the machine on Monday. It is not in pristine condition or anything, but appears to be capable of performing and will fill a gap in my home shop. From what i have learned already, I will most likely need to make an adapter for standard tooling or use a collet system, aside from its stock drill chuck. For $175, I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Here is YouTube link showing the unique chucking system and an adapter MT2.
Any information, sources or links would be appreciated. TIA
8b03f283-aefd-4fb4-b54b-adda0019ba03.jpg

c0f840fa-3f1d-4b6e-820b-adda001d7c56.jpg

I have a radial arm drill press made by them. Very solid well fitted machine. Uses that same flip back spacer to release the morse taper, no lock on the drill though.

Greg

It certainly seemed like an interesting buy.
I wish I would have had the cash for the surface grinder next to it.
Diligence. I continue to monitor auctions in my area and stumble on something now and then. But, I usually wish I spent more and got some other things.
So the spindle is MT2? In the video it appears like some adapter is needed for a standard MT2 chuck or adapter to work.
I'd like to use a ER32 collet system if possible. For light manual milling.

Think my drill press is MT3, will have to check. Use adaptor sleeves for most things other than 1 1/4 drill bit, which doesn't slow it down even with the power feed engaged.

Greg

MT3 makes a bit more sense.
And their radial arm drills look very nice.

For that price you made a really good deal! These machines have a very good reputation here in Sweden they are very hard to find these days.

I spent a year looking for Arboga or Modig milling machine before I gave and up bought a new Optimum MH 35V machine. That machine ended up being faulty and was replaced on warranty with a MH 50V machine instead...

The only pricing I could find is machines sold in Sweden and they were over $2k US. But they appeared to be newer with a different base and controls.
Any idea how to engage / disengage fine quill feed? I'm not seeing anything in the pictures on the machine I bought.
Really hoping everything functions properly.

Last edited:
I have idea on how the fine feed quill works on that machine but I found some information about it here:

It also seems that there is a few different manuals available for it here, but they are not free:

I have idea on how the fine feed quill works on that machine but I found some information about it here:

It also seems that there is a few different manuals available for it here, but they are not free:

lathes.co.uk is my 1st go to for information on foreign machines. However, i was not aware that they sold manuals. I did see some examples of the original manual, but they were in Swedish.

Back