Arbor Press

What do you all mount your arbor presses on? Bolt it on the workbench and cut a hole beneath for long work? Would a small stand like this work?View attachment 259257

Some time back, this stand was built for another member for his Enco press.
sanddan was kind enough to draw it up for others to follow the same. If you choose to use his drawings and don't want to use casters, remember to make the legs longer to suit your stature.

IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1944.JPG
The outrigger is stowed pointing up and at the rear to keep the footprint small when not in use.IMG_1945.JPG
Outrigger in place adding stability for pressing.
IMG_1939.JPG
sanddan took the time to draw up the project for others to use. Thanks Dan!
I never really got feedback on the performance but hopefully it works well.

Paco

Attachments

• arbor press stand-5-2.PDF
    71.5 KB · Views: 11
  • shelf support2-4.PDF
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • outrigger wldmt.PDF
    48 KB · Views: 4
  • retainer tab.PDF
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
  • tee handle.PDF
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
  • top plate-2.PDF
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
  • shelf plate.PDF
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
  • leg.PDF
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
  • handle.PDF
    46.5 KB · Views: 3
I modified my 3 ton Grizzly, so it now uses a 3/4” drive ratchet, as the ram handle

Last edited:
Some time back, this stand was built for another member for his Enco press.
sanddan was kind enough to draw it up for others to follow the same. If you choose to use his drawings and don't want to use casters, remember to make the legs longer to suit your stature.

View attachment 259775
View attachment 259776
The outrigger is stowed pointing up and at the rear to keep the footprint small when not in use.View attachment 259777
Outrigger in place adding stability for pressing.
View attachment 259778
sanddan took the time to draw up the project for others to use. Thanks Dan!
I never really got feedback on the performance but hopefully it works well.

Paco

I like your stand: nice and sturdy. But I REALLY like the Landcruiser. I had one of the wagons years ago. Built like tanks.

There's a Dake 3 ton that just showed up on CL. $575.
IDK, price seems ridiculously high.

Now you've got me going. Just found a Dake No. 1 in rough shape with no platen for $50. I need other things much more, but for that price....

Going to look at a Famco 2 today. Not sure of the condition but for $150 I gotta take a look.

I got a 3 ton and found the handle was always in the wrong position, milled off three teeth off bottom of ram , now I can have the handle at the right position when needed.

I did the same and made a video. Here it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back