Atlas mill home at last

Yes, thank you! That made it crystal clear how this attachment would work on an Atlas machine. I totally get it now. Sorry, I just was not able to visualize it before. At any rate, the additional pictures might help others visualize how it would work as well and help you sell it right.

Uncle Buck I tried your idea about tapping the little pins out from the back,and it worked like a charm! The name plates came off with no additonal damage. After I got those off I applied some paint stripper to the main casting. I plan on getting a fair amount of work done on the mill this weekend.

Great! Love to hear you are making progress. The splitter arrived yesterday, sorry it did not work as intended. I look forward to pics of your progress!

I will be posting some new pictures of the items I have stripped the paint off of tomorrow. Also, I will post a picture of the workbench I picked up for 20$. Between yard work and milling machine I have been working my rear end off LOL.

Got some bad news about the mill today.I took it to the machine shop hoping that the arbor press idea would finally solve my problem.After a while the guy called me and said that there was a tiny screw wedged down in the spindle thats why nothing I tried worked. He said he could get the arbor out for me but he would have to charge me a small fortune. So now i'm thinking this project might be at an end. The only other option is trying to drill out the arbour like another poster had suggested. But how much damage has been done to the spindle? Is it even worth saving now??

Got some bad news about the mill today.I took it to the machine shop hoping that the arbor press idea would finally solve my problem.After a while the guy called me and said that there was a tiny screw wedged down in the spindle thats why nothing I tried worked. He said he could get the arbor out for me but he would have to charge me a small fortune. So now i'm thinking this project might be at an end. The only other option is trying to drill out the arbour like another poster had suggested. But how much damage has been done to the spindle? Is it even worth saving now??

Did he explain how he planned to remove the arbor and why it would cost so much? Worst case cut the old arbor off with a cutoff wheel, or if need be a torch as a last resort.

Ya have to dig an and be that much more persistant!

Well look it over good and find where the screw is located at that he is talking about take a picture and post it. It should be fairly simple from here now that you know the problem.. Ray

Back