Atlas mill home at last

Well thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions about the stuck arbor. I will continue to strip off the paint and do what I can, but honestly I’m not sure the project can go forward from this point. I will continue to take pictures along the way but I will only post if I make some headway and actually have something worth showing.Thanks again everyone.

Well thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions about the stuck arbor. I will continue to strip off the paint and do what I can, but honestly I’m not sure the project can go forward from this point. I will continue to take pictures along the way but I will only post if I make some headway and actually have something worth showing.Thanks again everyone.

Sure your project can move forward Robert. I gave you three more ways you can approach your problem earlier today. In the very worst case you would destroy the arbor and have to buy a new one for about $100. Just hang in there bud. Persistence and determination are the keys to success on deals like this. It is simply two parts of a machine, some way, somehow, you can get them separated!

Thats what I was thinking Uncle Buck,I know there were vertical heads made for these mills but im not sure how that one would attach to the front of my mill. I think a company named marvin use to make vertical heads for the atlas mill as an after market addon,but I dont think they looked like that.

Thats what I was thinking Uncle Buck,I know there were vertical heads made for these mills but im not sure how that one would attach to the front of my mill. I think a company named marvin use to make vertical heads for the atlas mill as an after market addon,but I dont think they looked like that.

My gues is the mt taper goes in the spindle the sleave with 2 setscrews goes on the over ram and that is the draw bar end.

If it is a marvin head then its worth a lot more than 100$ thats for sure. From what I have read marvin vertical heads are very rare indeed. Maybe he will post some more pictures of the head so we can get a better look.

Back