Awesome Practical Joke

When I first started in Aerospace Engineering I worked in a shop that had a number of big (60" chucks) vertical turret lathes. We made compressor cases, stators, hot section components for jet and turbine engines. One day I was at the calibration man's crib, giving him the specs on a new fixture I had designed. I noticed a large (24") mic sticking out of the trash barrel. I asked him about it and he said "We've had that thing since Eisenhower was president. It must have a crack in the frame, I can't get it to stay in calibration for more than a couple of hours". One of our older machinists came up about that time and saw the big mic too. He asked the crib guy about it then fished it out of the trash with a grin on his face and left with it. I wondered what he was going to do with it but did not ask. Later that day I was at one of those vertical turret lathes, going over one of my drawings with the lathe operator. A new, green, QC inspector started walking over to get familiar with my drawings, being the new guy every one on the line was watching him. Suddenly the old machinist I metioned before started to throw a cussing fit and yelled "G... Da...It! I scapped the SOB!" Then he bounced that 24" mic off the concrete floor; BONG! That new QC guy's jaw dropped and he was speechless, he tried to talk but nothing came out. I thought he was gonna faint. He finally relaxed when he realized all the machines had stopped because everyone was laughing so hard!

Much more creative than the prussian blue that I used to daub on other folks machine handles, and once on a guy's hardhat sweatband ---

Take a grease zerk and grind off most of the threaded part so you have just the hex and the nipple left. Use a dab of silicone or hot glue to glue it to a guy's tool box, then smear a little grease on it. You'll get to learn a whole bunch of new words when the guy first sees his toolbox again!

Much more creative than the prussian blue that I used to daub on other folks machine handles, and once on a guy's hardhat sweatband ---

We used to put that stuff on the bosses phone then call him. I learned a lot of new words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

We used to put that stuff on the bosses phone then call him. I learned a lot of new words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

They tried to do that to me when I worked at Ladish. I noticed and tried to wipe it off on the shirt of the guy who handed me the phone. He didn't think that was too amusing, but the other guys did.

We put live bats in the foremans desk drawer. He came in around 5 am. Needless to say, he wanted to fire someone. Nobody ratted us out lol!

Take a grease zerk and grind off most of the threaded part so you have just the hex and the nipple left. Use a dab of silicone or hot glue to glue it to a guy's tool box, then smear a little grease on it. You'll get to learn a whole bunch of new words when the guy first sees his toolbox again!

I've seen the grease zerk drilled and taped into box and the box filled with Grease!!

We put live bats in the foremans desk drawer. He came in around 5 am. Needless to say, he wanted to fire someone. Nobody ratted us out lol!

Did he scream like a little girl ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I've seen the grease zerk drilled and taped into box and the box filled with Grease!!

I have too, which is where I got the idea.

I was working in a forklift shop as a mechanic. Bill was one of the old timers there, and everyone thought he was a grump, thus he was not well liked. Turns out he was just a very dry person. The corners of his mouth barely turned up at all when he laughed. I hit it off with him quite well (that's another whole story for another time) and we would BS about all kinds of things. The shop a-hole, Gordy, didn't like Bill at all and razzed him relentlessly. Bill just kept to doing his job and did his best to ignore Gordy.

Well, Bill took a week of vacation and while he was gone, Gordy drilled a hole in Bill's top chest, inserted a zerk, and pumped about a half a pail of grease into his toolbox. Needless to say, Bill was not a happy camper upon his return and was hell bent on getting revenge. He had had enough! Somebody else let it slip who the culprit was, and Bill started laying plans to weld Gordy's toolbox lid and drawers shut. I managed to talk him out of it and we came up with the idea of getting even by playing a better mind game on the trouble maker, all without doing any real damage.

So, when Gordy went on vacation, his top chest ended up with two zerks glued to it, and grease smeared around them. Upon his return, Gordy saw the zerks and immediately assumed that a greasy mess was waiting for him. He tried to put his key into the lock and it would not go in, thanks to the drop of maple syrup that had dried in there after careful placement with a hypodermic needle.

You can all imagine what it was like for Gordy. He became quite irritated and even tried pulling on a couple of drawers in frustration. That's when he found that the underside of all of the drawer pulls had been coated with anti-seize.

After a short time, Gordy managed to get his toolbox open, only to find out that there wasn't even a hole in his box, much less a greasy mess. Much relieved, he set off to drag his box over to the stall where he was going to work, and as he did so, the two 'straight' wheels under his box rolled out from under the box, dropping one end firmly on the floor with a pretty good bang. He went off (cussing up a storm) to find a floor jack to raise his box with, and found them all by Bill's stall. He grabbed a jack and started to drag it away when Bill said "Hey, you might need these" and handed Gordy the axle bolts for the two wheels.

I daresay that it is safe to assume that Gordy never messed with Bill again. And Bill?? That was the first (maybe the only) time I ever saw a full faced grin on his face!

We has 3 drawer rolling carts to get to the job. Art G was the culprit on most pranks. His tool box was a heavy one. Had at least 4 of every wrench. Well one day a guy named Jerry B had all he could take. He took the drawers out of the box, flipped the box upside down and put the drawers back in. Put the tools back in and flipped the box right side up. Nope not the end yet. He called for a Millwright and had him come with a bid fork lift. While waiting he had the welder com. You guessed it The tool box was welded to an I-Beam 12 feet up.

In comes Art. After an hour looking for his box the boss points up and asks is that it. Art turned beet red. The got the box down and everyone turned to go. A split second later the crash came. Awesome results.

"Billy G"

Back