Becoming hobby machinist in the near future.

Did you get the 833TV?
Yesm and it appears they changed the spindle based on feedback. If you look at mine VS the catalog you can see that the shaft on mine (although covered in the pic) is very accessible. I read previous people had issues because they could not easily get a tool on it for tightening the drawbar. The black cap come off with a quick twist exposing it.

Attachments

• 20210322_171656.jpg
    20210322_171656.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Can you post a photo of what the shaft looks like with the black cap removed please? That does look like a different spindle design, and probably easier to deal with for PDB design.

Can you post a photo of what the shaft looks like with the black cap removed please? That does look like a different spindle design, and probably easier to deal with for PDB design.
I'm interested in a photo too. Wonder if there are some flats under the cap for a wrench? Makes me wonder why mine wasn't like this. I'm sure mine was on the same boat as the OP since I just received mine to.

You should look into installing a power drawbar. I can't live without mine now

For comparison here is my new 833TV next to Rodneyk's machine. Looks like they just shortened the head some.

Attachments

• 833.jpg
    833.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
You should look into installing a power drawbar. I can't live without mine now
I had a brief email with Mr. Priest about the Power draw bar, but since this appears to be different than the other 833tv machines it might have to have something unique.

You can just make a new drawbar like I did with my PM25MV and you can buy the one of the ones that PM sells

Back