Blocked And Insulted By Ebay!

Did I find the wrong handles? The SAME handle pair I saw was $30.00/pair,not $241.00. included the same handle,same crud stuck to it.

Did I find the wrong handles? The SAME handle pair I saw was $30.00/pair,not $241.00. included the same handle,same crud stuck to it.
George,

The links that Ken and I posted in posts #17 and 23 were poking fun at how absurd Ebay can get sometimes. But, one seller actually wants $241 and the other $216.

Tom

I cant speak to your experiences, but I can relay mine.

I spent the better part of a week trying to get the guy who bought something from me to pay. every other day it was some excuse to why he cant, or isnt ready, or needs just a bit more time.

Then a week later he says to me, wait, your item isnt New? welll, I dont want it then. your wasting my time!

I guess he missed the fact that the item for sale was listed as USED, priced at 300$, and I accepted his 175$ offer. on an item that everyone else is selling new for 800$

if your a professional seller on ebay, thats the price you have to pay. you need to cater to shoppers. but if your using ebay to sell a few items, I am not a store. dont talk to me like you think I am doing you a great service.

I am not implying anything about the OP, just making a general observation.

The customer is always right my a$$. if your going to be cheap person and try to squeeze the last red cent out of me, please dont expect me to be cordial.

I'm with you George, the older handles have nice proportions. Ken I'm still looking around, I'd like to find something around 5 inch long, but I'm keeping you in mind.
Subway I got power transistors all over the place, what kind do you need? I'll give you one. Can you post some specs or pictures? Does it have a custom heatsink or something? 139 bucks is ridiculous.

my respone is this, i don't usually sell on ebay- here is why
a seller owes a buyer absolutely nothing but the product pictured.
the buyer expects gold plated service for little money, a strange dichotomy.
if every prospective buyer askes 2 questions about the item,
it prevents the seller from selling other items because his time is spent on answering questions regardless of wether he gets a sale or not.
ask yourself this question, how much time would you give to other people if the time was not compensated?
much less for an item that you may realize a $15 profit and then have to give part of that $15 to paypal and some to ebay to handle the transaction
now the seller made $8, and you'd like him to be happy about it and answer every question with a smile.
seems unfair from the sellers perspective.
in most cases the buyer will cry if he is hung with a new rope
treat the sellers like you would like to be treated.
if you are realistic, you'll rarely be disappointed.
If a seller adequately describes the details of an item, there should be no questions; I have sold hundreds of items, most all machine and machinist related, and have had to answer very few questions. In looking at items to buy, I see that few sellers know much about what they are trying to sell.

seasicksteve, Thank you for this awesome company link. I ordered 5 odd size handles from them that I have been looking on and
off for a couple years. They have more sizes then MSC .ect and for a very good price. I need to get lost in there website, as I am restoring
2 machines. Atlas MFC mill, and a Wade 8A lathe. Best place I have found yet, or you found and passed on.

I agree that you run into uppity sellers every now and then but overall most people are nice to work with.

Rick

It's similar to that , but It is a transistor with 3 pins not 2, and there's a wire going to each . From what I read, it allows variable speed by changing the resistance from 0-20,000 ohms . You can see in the vid when I short across the bottom two pins, the sawzall runs .
-------------------------------------
This is the part , the transistor on the red tab.

Back