Bridgeport or Lagun

Is the arbor support for the overarms with it as well? If yes, keep it for a nice horizontal, and just sell the J-head.

Look inside the box on the end of the table and see if the gears are still inside. there should also be a shaft to fit from the box to a dividing head. Those parts are worth as much as the machine if still there. Dave

Look inside the box on the end of the table and see if the gears are still inside. there should also be a shaft to fit from the box to a dividing head. Those parts are worth as much as the machine if still there. Dave

Attachments

• PXL_20231006_164320923.jpg
    PXL_20231006_164320923.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 22
Gears are gone but the splined shafts and housing might have some utility to someone. i hope they weren't in a box that got misplaced. Dave

Gears are gone but the splined shafts and housing might have some utility to someone. i hope they weren't in a box that got misplaced. Dave
Thanks Dave
Would you recommend selling machine as a whole or parting out
If the former, what do you think it's worth?

Parting out is a lot of work relative to the reward but probably the way to receive the most. A K and T parts machine might be worth 500-1000 but might also be a " you can have it if you take it away for free " machine. Depends on if someone close has a need as shipping is a deal breaker for a non running horizontal. The head has some value as a separate but I don't track the market on those. Dave

Thanks Dave
Would you recommend selling machine as a whole or parting out
If the former, what do you think it's worth?
Get it under power and sell it complete. That's a nice heavy unit that would go great in someone's home shop if they have the space.

As for price it depends on how much of a hurry you're in to get rid of it. If you're in a rush offer for 1/2 what you had into both machines, if you can wait try for the full cost of both. If you have the capability to move it you may get someone who's willing to pay.

John

If the K&T had all the universal drive kitting intact, it would be a very useful mill. Without it, It's much less spectacular. The beauty of running a J-head on that uni base (what is it, a No.2?) fully tooled is not lost on me. I wouldn't dare try to piece it together, though. That's one you really, really want to get a box or three of parts with when you load it up. They did make a lot of them, and they were a war horse for all types of shops, but 60-80 years on and the call of the scrappers has been heard across the land. It doesn't take much number crunching on time and materials to see why that happened. Trying to think like a business owner, it begs the question- fix this tool, or use that money and buy another Haas?

Back