Broke my kneecap mountain biking

Peyton, Sorry to hear of your accident. It will heal and I hope will be just one of those things that you only remember in the telling and not in the feeling.

We have all had those, I took out my right knee in football the second to the last game of my senior year. Had it bent backwards over a foot. Took out the left knee breaking horses in my late 20's. Both of those injuries I still feel. As I get older my knees are less able to take long days and running is a chore. Doctors have stopped asking me how many times I have fractured something from X-Rays. Most I didn't know about, just part of growing up and not living in a bubble. Between football, motocross, road racing, hunting, hiking, climbing and of course work, my body, like most people, has taken its share of insults. But to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing.

You take care of yourself and do your PT religiously, it will make a huge difference in your recovery and if there will be long term repercussions from it. Most likely you will heal and this will be just a fond memory and one of those stories that you can talk about for years, especially to your kids and grand kids.

Peyton, Sorry to hear of your accident. It will heal and I hope will be just one of those things that you only remember in the telling and not in the feeling.

We have all had those, I took out my right knee in football the second to the last game of my senior year. Had it bent backwards over a foot. Took out the left knee breaking horses in my late 20's. Both of those injuries I still feel. As I get older my knees are less able to take long days and running is a chore. Doctors have stopped asking me how many times I have fractured something from X-Rays. Most I didn't know about, just part of growing up and not living in a bubble. Between football, motocross, road racing, hunting, hiking, climbing and of course work, my body, like most people, has taken its share of insults. But to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing.

You take care of yourself and do your PT religiously, it will make a huge difference in your recovery and if there will be long term repercussions from it. Most likely you will heal and this will be just a fond memory and one of those stories that you can talk about for years, especially to your kids and grand kids.
The doc said I won’t need any pt after i get the brace off. So I’m happy about that.

fresh water fish as they can taste a bit muddy
Depends on the water they lived in. Clean lake, no muddy tasting fish. Muddy river and cat fish, YUK!

Its mainly what they eat.
If they are vegetarians or omnivirous then they will eat algae as well and thats what predominately produces the muddy taste.
If they are carnivores they wont taste muddy.

I'm allowed to ride my bike again, and supposed to send the biggest jump I can to see how my knee reacts to it, need to wait to get my knee pads before I try that. Jumping off a 1-foot table sprained my hamstring, so I don't know what a 5-foot drop would do. still in pt for at least 5 more weeks.

look after that knee and build the strength back gradually.
Its gunna hurt in your 70's if you dont. Dont ask me how I know
It has been hurting ever since I crashed, the only reason I'm still in pt is that my ligaments are sliding over the top of my knee cap. I know I will have to deal with the pain of it, some days it's good some days it's bad. and I can kinda tell if a big storm is coming, doesn't make much of a difference in my knee, which is good.

look after that knee and build the strength back gradually.
Its gunna hurt in your 70's if you dont. Dont ask me how I know
all athletes hurt in their 70s.... I've been hurting a long while. now fat and complacent .. I still play volleyball, not so much skiing. After having a few rebuilds of joints, quite a number of broken bones, major crushed vertebrae in the neck.... I'm a walking blob of pain... Not even 70 yet.

all athletes hurt in their 70s.... I've been hurting a long while. now fat and complacent .. I still play volleyball, not so much skiing. After having a few rebuilds of joints, quite a number of broken bones, major crushed vertebrae in the neck.... I'm a walking blob of pain... Not even 70 yet.
I resemble that remark!

Take care of that knee Peyton, I have had both of mine replaced now. That is not something I would want to do again. They are both doing great now by the way.

Tim

Back