Broke my kneecap mountain biking

I always wear knee/shin pads, elbow/forearm pads, gloves and a helmet. If the trail is challenging or one I am not familiar with I will also wear spine protection. Some times my riding buddies will make fun of me. As a single father I don't have a lot of back up so I figure I owe it to my daughter to be safe.

well, now I'm back in pt twice a week, since my ligament is messed up yet again. don't even know how or when it could have happened.

From someone that has destroyed my Right knee in football (Bent back almost a foot too far) and my Left knee breaking horses (thrown and ended up twisting the knee way too far), it is very easy to re-injure the knee when it start to heel. We feel like it is getting better and push ourselves a little to hard and, well that is what happens. Remember the knees are supporting 98% of all our weight and the impact of walking. It does when heck of a job day in day out.

Be patient don't over due it and let it heel. I know that it seems as though it is taking an eternity but when we play, we pay. It will be better soon.

From someone that has destroyed my Right knee in football (Bent back almost a foot too far) and my Left knee breaking horses (thrown and ended up twisting the knee way too far), it is very easy to re-injure the knee when it start to heel. We feel like it is getting better and push ourselves a little to hard and, well that is what happens. Remember the knees are supporting 98% of all our weight and the impact of walking. It does when heck of a job day in day out.

Be patient don't over due it and let it heel. I know that it seems as though it is taking an eternity but when we play, we pay. It will be better soon.
True, and one of the best ways to rehap is swim. it's low impact, and you are excersizing it so you are helping to break up the scar tissue.
during cold weather a health club or ymca may be your best bet. Water is an amazing way to rehab.

True, and one of the best ways to rehap is swim. it's low impact, and you are excersizing it so you are helping to break up the scar tissue.
during cold weather a health club or ymca may be your best bet. Water is an amazing way to rehab.
the issue with that for me, almost every stroke makes my ligaments slide since there is no weight or force on my knee. Right now pt is just to stop my ligaments from sliding out of place, as long as there is weight they don't, so a run or going upstairs really can throw it off.

all athletes hurt in their 70s.... I've been hurting a long while. now fat and complacent .. I still play volleyball, not so much skiing. After having a few rebuilds of joints, quite a number of broken bones, major crushed vertebrae in the neck.... I'm a walking blob of pain... Not even 70 yet.
i'm 70. 19 different breaks that i can recall + 4 crushed vertebrae (2 a year ago on mtn bike w/5 herniated discs)
i hurt all over all the time but not in the areas that broke. just normal aged muscles.
i think if i was to drink more water it would be much better - i'm just not thirsty :cool:
knee caps are relatively minor

Now I'm back in pt for twice a week since nothing has gotten better in the past 4 weeks. next week I'm going to the doctors again, to try and see if they know how to fix it. They told me it's fine if the ligaments slide, but there just can't be any pain, and there is.

PT told me yesterday that the doctor would tell me the ligament is too long since it tore and healed the wrong way. Also said if that is true they are going to give me tape or a brace for it, and stop pt altogether. They also told me that it probably will continue to slide for the rest of my life. play stupid games win stupid prizes, it could be worse though.

Back