Broken Atlas 10F Countershaft Pulley 560-060 / 9-427

I think it's amazing that Clausing actually has any parts for these machines as old as they are, but like anything else I buy, I look for the best bang for the buck.

Make your tool .175 and take a 2nd pass to get to the right dimension.

As a side note there is aftermarket supplier for Atlas Lathe Parts that makes a Oilite Type Sintered Brass replacement for the Counter-shaft Needle Bearings holders and all.
I was going to make this up myself but decided it was easier and faster to just buy a set. they work great.
See Link Below:

I think it's amazing that Clausing actually has any parts for these machines as old as they are, but like anything else I buy, I look for the best bang for the buck.
The pulley was sold as Used. So the owner must have added the groove. Note that the seller incorrectly answered the Modified? question. As it's already sold, it's not worth correcting but it might have sold sooner had he pointed out the modification.

One other comment that I have been meaning to make is that the bearings used in the 10" and early 12" countershaft are actually called straight roller bearings. Needle bearings have much smaller diameter rollers.

Back