Building my last shop

The rain has been ridiculous the last 3 months btw.

I've been in construction my entire life and have never seen a concrete floor poured after the building is erected. I'm a plumber by trade, watcha putting inside plumbing wise? I hate corrugated drain pipe, especially under concrete.
Yeah they do that a lot especially for pole barns. I have 2" pvc run for a sink that is it. Probably hard to tell from the picture but the corrugated pipe is on the outside of the wood forms and will be just covered with dirt eventually.

Keep the corrugated clean, it will get so infested with sediment it becomes easier to remove it than clean it.

Always run 3" drain pipe under concrete, just reduce it to 2"as you come up through the concrete.

Reactions: rwm
I've been in construction my entire life and have never seen a concrete floor poured after the building is erected. I'm a plumber by trade, watcha putting inside plumbing wise? I hate corrugated drain pipe, especially under concrete.
Around here in Michigan it's typically done with footings, then walls, then the slab last (home construction). Pole barns are typically poured with the poles, perlins and siding in place except for maybe a panel or two for the cement truck chute. Use a couple of tongue and groove 2x6 skirt boards at the bottom for attaching the bottom of the siding on the outside and the form for concrete on the inside.

Bruce

Sorry nothing new to report. I did get the second drain dug and finished. This weather pattern of a few nice days followed by a few days of rain is just frustrating. If I could get 2 weeks of nice weather it would dry out enough to get the concrete pad done.
GOPR4135.JPG

Back