California Fires-here we go again

We're getting hit hard and fast in Klamath and Jackson counties.my adopted Daughter may have been evacuated from her new home
I haven;t heard from her today, her place of employment in the Phoenix area is toast.
I don't know if I will be able to pick up my new to me mill in Grants Pass this Saturday or not due to the fires around the Medford
area I can only hope this can be contained soon and pray that my grand children are alright, still waiting to hear from them.............

We're getting hit hard and fast in Klamath and Jackson counties.my adopted Daughter may have been evacuated from her new home
I haven;t heard from her today, her place of employment in the Phoenix area is toast.
I don't know if I will be able to pick up my new to me mill in Grants Pass this Saturday or not due to the fires around the Medford
area I can only hope this can be contained soon and pray that my grand children are alright, still waiting to hear from them.............
My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay safe.

John

I was in Blocksburg this last weekend getting the property ready for hunting season. Smoky, hot, and DRY the whole time. No escape from any of it. Left on Monday. Tuesday the area was evacuated, all roads in or out closed.

Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone is in need. My friend has a house in Saratoga, CA she's trying to rent out, if anyone is burned out of their place and looking in that area send me a PM.

John

Last edited:
Maybe we should start to deal with the issue itself instead of just the immediate effects. I’ve lived in NorCal all my life, we’ve always had fires, but it was never catastrophic like this until the last decade or so. Thanks a lot climate deniers. I’m getting tired of living this way, surrounded by fire and choking in the smoke. Every year now. There’s nowhere to go to get away from it either, the entire West is burning. Moderator, feel free to delete this if it’s too political, but I’m ****** that we all have to suffer due to stupidity of those that keep us from doing anything.

Hopefully, long term, the western states can recover from clear cutting practices which caused the thick tree growth.
I have seen some tree thinning in Plumas County.
The task is so daunting with regard to man power, expense and the challenge of, right of entry, considerations.

Very sad to see all these fires, people displaced, homes, businesses and livelihoods destroyed. Of course there are those who have lost their lives and those that are risking their lives.
There have been several arrests here in WA as some of our fires have been started by these terrorists. They are saying that the fires in Oregon, which most started right along the highway were set. They are looking for several people also associated with these terrorist acts.
Also just read that they have arrested someone in connection with the Marin fire in CA.

Last edited:
Right now in the Oroville area, the authorities are evacuating burn victims and letting many of the properties burn.

Any one heard from Derrick?
@dlane you online and okay?

I am wishing safety for everyone!

-brino

This morning I received an exception notice from UPS that my package (a transmission part I worked on from an ebay sale) can't be delivered and is being sent back to me.

I've been shipping through ups since the 90's and never had a package returned.

So I was kinda ticked when I got the notice with no explanation so I called ups.

At first they didn't want to tell me the status pending notification of family.

I'm thinking what are they talking about? After I assured them I'm not family they informed me that the address doesn't exist anymore and asked if they wanted me to have them send the package back to me , or dispose of it.

I hope he survived, I'll have his housing waiting for him when things settle down. But I have a feeling that a car part is the last thing on his mind about now.

Back