CHEAP TIG Welder

I’ve got an everlast 250ex.
Had it for a couple years now. Not one complaint or failure. It just works.

I have a Everlast 250ex also with no complaints other than the fan noise.

Another (huge, imo) plus with Everlast is that they come with an excellent torch and footpedal.

Me too.
I bought the Everlast 250EX back in 2014 and it has been great.
(Only the same, minor complaints: the fan is loud and the power switch(breakers) are on the back.)
I have seen a youtube mod to set the fan speed relative to temperature; but have never bothered.

I like the welder so much that when looking for a plasma machine I bought their PowerPlasma 80S in 2019.

Both are going strong!

I think nothing can beat a Syncrowave for reliability, but they are heavy and big

....and expensive.
I could not justify it for my hobby shop.
I just looked and I could buy three "equivalent" Everlast machines for the price of one Miller Synchrowave.
(note equivalent is in quotes; as I'd still like to think that Miller has higher design and build quality)

If I was basing my income on it, I just might buy a "spare" Everlast machine.....

Brian

That seems to be the one benefit of the Primeweld machines....fantastic customer service and support.

If my memory is correct it was started by a couple of guys who used to work for red or blue. They have the machines made overseas to their specs, but they are based here and you can get them on the phone easily. The other thing is it seems they must spec some sort of QC process because I have seen exactly one person claim to get a dead machine, and they said a replacement was shipped out immediately with essentially no questions asked. It may be as simple as putting a requirement in that the machine is powered up before boxing, or something like that. Most of the other brands...Everlast, AHP, HF, etc have quite a few people report machines that simply won't power up right out of the box. With some brands, if you wait even a couple of months you're out free return shipping for a unit that's dead from the start...ridiculous.

Very high on my list of "to buy" things is a Primeweld CUT60 plasma cutter. The coworker that sits across from me bought their 225X TIG based upon my suggestion and then he bought their CUT60 because he was never happy with his big name plasma cutter.....he loves the CUT60 and the pictures he's shown me of the big stuff he's cut have looked impressive.

Being able to call and get somebody on the phone is a HUGE benefit! I like it.

When I am working with a machine, it *is* often in the back of my mind what troubleshoot/repair experience awaits me if something fails.

What folks don't realize is that they multiply in the dark if you forget to pull the power! :grin:

I just realized everyone one of those welders is now gone. I was in the middle of swapping up for newer and/or better models when I took that pic. The front left MIG was a somewhat uncommon Millermatic Vintage...they didn't make that model for long.

IMG_9613.jpg

Interesting- I'm sure the accessories are somewhat pitiful- maybe not. The service after it smokes is what I wonder about
Everlast and AHP are supposed to be good
That’s a problem. I had a cheap plasma cutter. It ate consumables!
My Hypertherm is still using the ones that it came with over a year ago.
Although the Hypertherm was $1,200 more expensive

What folks don't realize is that they multiply in the dark if you forget to pull the power! :grin:

I just realized everyone one of those welders is now gone. I was in the middle of swapping up for newer and/or better models when I took that pic. The front left MIG was a somewhat uncommon Millermatic Vintage...they didn't make that model for long.

View attachment 437753
Your favorite color is blue. Me too.

I'd be willing to adopt any "love children" from such an event!

If you leave a Miller and a Lincoln plugged in alone in the dark together, are the offspring purple?

Brian

Back