Compressor fill time sanity check

Wow, that's great. Now with the other tank?
Did I see your set up in another post with the tanks mounted high?
I like the space savings.

I haven’t got them set up yet. I got started and then was sidetracked by errands.
I never had a 60 gallon tank. I was looking around for one but they are rare as hens teeth here.

Edit: 1:35 from 90 to 125. That’s a full 25 seconds faster.

Last edited:
That time is consistent with the calculator previously posted with a pump CFM of ~8 for 90-125 PSI, which is what I would expect above 90 PSI. It comes out to 1 minute 36 seconds, and there are a lot of variables. So should be good enough for that size pump and motor. Would be interesting to see the actual current draw of the motor with a clamp on meter.

Separated the two tanks this afternoon. Checked belt tension.
Turns out the belt was loose, likely because it was brand new so has worn in.
Cut the 0-60 psi time in more than half; 3 mins vs 1:22.
Time to 125 psi is now 3:22 on a single tank. Not under any illusions that adding the second tank will mean 6:44 to 125psi but it suspect it won’t be far off.
Sounds like you've got it sorted out. The calculators show something like 2:30 so I'd be happy with 3:00...that says the pump is working as it should, and probably just as good as new. The good thing is you have a baseline now so if you see a big change in the future you'll know it's time to start digging into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes!
0 -125 psi into both tanks in 5:48!
Only change was to remove the quick connect from the bottom tank where the whip went to the top tank.
That was a lot of restriction!
7dfe53a7e9bcbdc0eee7e825cf24226d.jpg

Last edited:
Back