Dang it's hot

I just dragged a window air-conditioner to my shop this morning. It isn't keeping up but better than nothing. It is supposed to be 114F here today (45.6 C). We're not used to this ****. No humidity though which is a big help. I do remember July/August in Maine growing up. Humidity, heat, bugs, the trifecta.

Last edited:
95F (35C) here with a 73F (22.8C) dewpoint. "Feels like 106F" (41.1C). Not working outside today. Dewpoints in the 70's are uncomfortable.
Friday it is supposed to be 68F (20C) and rain. Weird weather.

David, it's 108F right now. I've lived in the Seattle area all my life and it's never been this hot. I had tickets to take my wife over to Roche Harbor for her birthday yesterday with the local float plane company but they canceled because of the high temps. The planes don't have AC either so that was probably another good reason to postpone.

Wow! I had no idea it could get so hot in those regions! I have been complaining when it’s been in the mid 80s. I hope it gets better for you soon.

This is super unusual for us Rick. We broke a record yesterday and then broke that record today!

i live 50 mi North of Portland Ore.
114 here today. Can’t remember ever near that hot.
And no Air Cond, never really needed it. Until now.
Keeping sheep & chickens watered.
Water down for squirrels & chipmunks & birdbaths.
Kind of a bummer, new hatchlings in nests & bird box's are dying from the heat.

Attachments

• 1349DA20-6390-413C-8EA0-3E86FDE0527A.jpeg
    1349DA20-6390-413C-8EA0-3E86FDE0527A.jpeg
    560.7 KB · Views: 6
Hit 108 on Saturday and 104 Sunday but only 95 today and 90s are predicted all week, which is not unusual here this time of year. 115 is the worst I've seen since we moved here, but thankfully that is quite unusual.

We are also lucky to be close enough to the coast to get the marine influence most evenings which helps to cool things down at night. Saturday was 108 in the late afternoon, but by 2am we were in the 60s.

Weather like this makes me appreciate my cramped shop in the nice cool basement.

So far just high 80's here in Atlanta area. I think we hit 90 once. We rarely hit mid 90's.

81° at 0400 hrs in North Central Washington state, it is supposed to get to 112° later this afternoon. We have low humidity which helps.

Back