Dang it's hot

I have a portable AC and a wall fan to direct the cool air around my small shop, these portable ACs are perfect solution for small shops ,they are quiet enough to use and do a good enough job but you do need to be near a window to direct the 6" exhaust pipe to the outside, they are not expensive either.

I feel for you folks up in Oregon and Washington.
It doesn't get that hot up there!
We have friends in Medford, they are really suffering.
No rain and now record heat, it's going to be a long summer.

Last night (Monday evening) at 7:00 PM it was 108F (the high for the day) at my desk, by 8:00 PM it was 88F. At around 7:00 PM the wind changed from the east to from the west. That felt really good. :)

We switched over to graveyard shift during the hot spell, about 11:00 PM to 8:00 AM or so. Sunday night to Monday morning it was too hot overnight to even work. At about 8:00 AM Monday morning it was already 95F at my desk.

I hope we don't see a weather event like this again, the Pacific Northwest is just not equipped to handle temperatures this high.

Well the temp abated today, high of 23/74 predicted today. I'll take it!

I worked in Saudi Arabia back in 79-80, temp was a steady 126F zero humidity . After a week or so I got used to it. Also it hadn't rained there in 23 years. Gas was 10 cents a gallon, water 30 cents a gallon.

Back