DEE DEE is another interesting watch on You-Tube

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Another interesting fellow who is totally immersed in machining is Dee Dee, a retired millwright I think.
There are things to learn from him as well. His name is Don and he restores older machines.
He has lots of videos for us to enjoy. I think he is out in Walla Walla, Washington area.

Another interesting fellow who is totally immersed in machining is Dee Dee, a retired millwright I think.
There are things to learn from him as well. His name is Don and he restores older machines.
He has lots of videos for us to enjoy. I think he is out in Walla Walla, Washington area.
He's hard to watch, he's all over the place, and very little info comes through.
Yes, he's a nice guy, with a lot of knowledge. I just don't think he knows how to get it out.

I search using "dee dee" and he comes up for me. Yes, he's a little laid back maybe but
a good watch along with my morning coffee.

I tried watching his 16 minute video “Using a Brown & Sharpe No 2 Plain Standard milling machine with CoAx indicator”. After 8 minutes of watching him not using a Brown & Sharpe No 2 Plain Standard milling machine with CoAx indicator, I gave up. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, though.

Tom

As with all videos I watch on YouTube, I find the fast forward button on the remote is helpful. As far as Dee Dee, I picked up a lot of good information from him, especially with regard to the Monarch 10EE. I have exchanged emails with him and he was helpful.

He's hard to watch, he's all over the place, and very little info comes through.
Yes, he's a nice guy, with a lot of knowledge. I just don't think he knows how to get it out.
Tried him once, very much this.

10min of blah blah blah for 50 second of info or content.

This guy is good.

Last edited:
I have watched Dave Ticehurst a bunch, but even with high speed 1.75 to 2.0x and jumping, it's a hard watch. Yes, there are one or two nuggets per video sometimes.. but the length of getting to it, is time consuming. And not my thing.

Last edited:
Back