DEE DEE is another interesting watch on You-Tube

Tried him once, very much this.

10min of blah blah blah for 50 second of info or content.

This guy is good.

I watched a few of Dave, also a lot of blah , blah blah..
Some of my long watched guys are also becoming blah, blah...
And some no longer post videos.. and some rarely.

But that's my opinion, each of us like different deliveries and different things. It doesn't make one bad, unless they are really bad at what they are showing, or it's stupid stuff.

It's not just machinist videos. All of YouTube is rife with people with two sentences to say, and take 15minutes to say it. At least Dee Dee wasn't repeating himself endlessly.

I watched a few of Dave, also a lot of blah , blah blah..
Some of my long watched guys are also becoming blah, blah...
And some no longer post videos.. and some rarely.

But that's my opinion, each of us like different deliveries and different things. It doesn't make one bad, unless they are really bad at what they are showing, or it's stupid stuff.

I think what made this a thing was YT only monetizing longer videos.

I have no problem listening to some of them talk as long as it’s topical to the title of the video.

The vid I posted from Dave Tice and some others of his have really good info, so I’ll stick with them if they get too long winded occasionally.

I just think certain guys just want to hear themselves talk or see their on face on TV, and that gets old quick.

dee dee did some Moore jig-borer content, which I found really interesting. I've watched a lot of his content but usually at 2x and skipping ahead. There's a showman quality to the videos, in which more is advertised than delivered---so far. It's like the Tool and Die Guy. More bark than bite. Spaghetti without meatballs. You hear the sizzle but it's salisbury, not steak.

I saw a recent youtube video recently for some lathe soft jaws. He repeatedly broke cutters because they were out waaaay too far from the collet face so they were inevitably flexing. This is lesson 101 in all toolholding. The sad part is that in almost 1500 comments nobody suggested this was the cause.

I saw a recent youtube video recently for some lathe soft jaws. He repeatedly broke cutters because they were out waaaay too far from the collet face so they were inevitably flexing. This is lesson 101 in all toolholding. The sad part is that in almost 1500 comments nobody suggested this was the cause.
In Inheritance Machining's last video he made a set of soft jaws for his 4 jaw chuck, looked pretty nice...

Who are you speaking of?

Back