Dividing Head

That would be it! I note that the horseshoe shaped spring in installed upside down. I would have sent a picture, but I did not get a notification of the post.

The scale in effect counts holes for you, B&S book "Practical Treatise on Milling and Milling machines" has dividing tables with a column marked (graduation) for the number of divisions you want to index, and it will tell you what hole circle, number of turns, and you set the arms to the figure stated on (graduation) and it counts the holes for you, many mistakes can be avoided in hole counting with this feature, especially with high number hole circles. I suspect that the graduations are degrees.

We got a bs1 from aliexpress, 395 shipped.

Feels good, too lazy to open it up today.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Power assist steering:) could be for hard healing for visability?

Visibility.
A modern sailboat (like this one in the video) is essentially wedge-shaped, with the stern (rear end) the widest part of the hull. This hull shape differs from pre-2000’s style where the hull is essentially an oval, pointed at both ends. With a wide stern, lots of conventional sailing attributes change. Consider the boat going close-hauled to the wind (meaning the wind is coming from the bow (front) of the boat). The boat will be healing over (leaning sideways) as the force of the wind against the tall sails is counterbalanced by the weight of the lead keel that descends 2+meters below the waterline. This healing-over causes the leeward side of the boat (the side downwind) to rotate downward toward the water, while the windward side rotates upward. This action obscures forward visibility for the person steering the ship if the helm (steering wheel) is on the centerline of the boat. In a heavy sea (storm with waves almost as high as the boat is long), being able to observe the oncoming waves and telltales (wind indicators on the sails) is essential in steering the boat through the chaos. The solution to this with modern hull shapes is to have two steering stations positioned so the helms-person can shift their position to the windward (high) side of the boat, irrespective of the wind direction. In a storm, both helm positions are often manned so that one can look forward and steer, while the other attempts to anticipate the following-wave actions that can force the stern around, and cause a jibe or swamp-out the cockpit. The biggest risk in a storm like shown in the video is that the extreme weather forces the boat to alter course, resulting in an unplanned jibe (Google it) resulting is a rig failure (broken mast). On-deck personnel in a storm will be tethered (rope tied) to the ship to limit man-overboard risk. LOL sorry for the OT rant.

Back