Drill Bit Sharpeners?

I've had an early model Drill Doctor for years. Works great on everything. (I need to change out the grinding wheel though.) I still do larger bits by hand. Too lazy to set it up in the DD I guess.

I too own the dd750, after first set up and learning the machine I've never had a problem. My only regret is not buying the left hand holder for left hand bits. I don't even know if they offer it any more or I'd buy one and I'd get another wheel just incase they stop making them.

I've had an early model Drill Doctor for years. Works great on everything. (I need to change out the grinding wheel though.) I still do larger bits by hand. Too lazy to set it up in the DD I guess.

You do know that the wheel can be flipped over, right ?

I also have the older DD750 Pro and agree with others, it does take abit of time to get the hang of using one. Once you master how to set up the bit to sharpen mine does a good job. I purchased mine at the local hardware store when they had an in store sale so I purchased the Pro model for only a few bucks more. I agree with others that no matter what or how you do it you still have a learning curve to learn. Isn't that true of just about anything we try that we didn't do before? For any one needing a sharping unit I believe that Drill Doctor is still worth the price. Low cost for the limited use.

I too own the dd750, after first set up and learning the machine I've never had a problem. My only regret is not buying the left hand holder for left hand bits. I don't even know if they offer it any more or I'd buy one and I'd get another wheel just incase they stop making them.

This is the left hand drill holder for the dd750(classic model), still available from Drill Doctor. Wheels are available also.
http://www.drilldoctor.com/parts-accessories/discontinued-models/sa01506pa.html

You do know that the wheel can be flipped over, right ?

Thanks. I had been told that if you didn't grind a lot of large bits, the wear on the stone would be to one side and it could be flipped for more use. (Still suffering from Holiday laziness.)

This is the left hand drill holder for the dd750(classic model), still available from Drill Doctor. Wheels are available also.
http://www.drilldoctor.com/parts-accessories/discontinued-models/sa01506pa.html
Thanks I haven't really looked for awhile , I'll be ordering them soon . Tuff month hell year, my house is getting a new roof in a few weeks . Hugh bite $14,000 , sht only good thing it's fully guaranteed for ten years and lifetime on the shingles. I shopped but in the end went with a local contractor been around for forty years. Thanks for the info , I do mine drill sharpening I mean a couple times a year. So when the next time I get her out I'll order the parts and be good to go for my lifetime.

Thanks I haven't really looked for awhile , I'll be ordering them soon . Tuff month hell year, my house is getting a new roof in a few weeks . Hugh bite $14,000 , sht only good thing it's fully guaranteed for ten years and lifetime on the shingles. I shopped but in the end went with a local contractor been around for forty years. Thanks for the info , I do mine drill sharpening I mean a couple times a year. So when the next time I get her out I'll order the parts and be good to go for my lifetime.

Yes, I understand. 6 months ago a hail storm took out my roof, windows on the rear of the house, gutters, attic vents and $3500.00 damage to my 2002 Yukon Denali. The house was about $35000.00. State farm paid all but $500 of it. Lifetime warranty on the shingles, whatever that means. You can also find Drill doctor parts on ebay.

Hey guess what I'm bad cked eBay found a place selling the left hand bit holder for , $7.96 and $3.96 shipping . Others had the exact same from $34.95 up to $79.95 . Made offer the accepted $7.00 , so I bought it for $10.96 . That's done Xmas fer me . Yea great deal they have about 10 left. New in package if I didn't say that. If anybody else wants one ck them out!!

Back