G0509g 16x40 Drool Thread

Just blowing the dust off this thread, the G0509G drool has resumed after re-thinking my strategy. Price is currently $6975 with a 10% off coupon, that leaves room for a VFD/Motor/DRO conversion before the costs get stupid. I just can't let go of wanting a 16x40 lathe I guess.

Price is currently $7582 with a 10% off coupon + 8.7% sales tax....

There, fixed it for ya... doesn't make that 10% off seem like such a good deal anymore... :grin:

Dahmit, now I am going to have to swing by Grizzly to snap some more photos for you to nudge you into buying one... Just drove through there on Friday... unfortunately, it was about 9:00 at night... but I will be by there again in a couple of weeks...

There, fixed it for ya... doesn't make that 10% off seem like such a good deal anymore... :grin:

Dahmit, now I am going to have to swing by Grizzly to snap some more photos for you to nudge you into buying one... Just drove through there on Friday... unfortunately, it was about 9:00 at night... but I will be by there again in a couple of weeks...

Unfixed, there is no sales tax at Jim's shop. ;)

He can have it delivered to my place, no sales tax. And I'll even transfer the load to a drop deck trailer. Checkmate! :grin:

There, fixed it for ya... doesn't make that 10% off seem like such a good deal anymore.

Does anyone know Jim's favorite adult beverage or restaurant? :D

But than he would have to pay $495 shipping...

I think shipping is unavoidable, I really don't want to haul a 3,000 lathe in an open trailer 250 miles through that insane Seattle stop and go traffic.

Plan B would be have it shipped to Jim's or my brother's address and just pick it up at the shipping company's dock they can probably set it on the trailer for me, saves them a trip out.

I think shipping is unavoidable, I really don't want to haul a 3,000 lathe in an open trailer 250 miles through that insane Seattle stop and go traffic.
I managed the trip with my 1500# lathe without any fuss... of course, two years ago I made the trip coast to coast with a uhaul with 17000# of machinery in it, so that was child's play by comparison...

Yeah over 3,000 lbs and very top heavy not happening, in fact considering how top heavy it will be I may just get a rigger to deal with this.

where's your sense of adventure :D

The thought of unloading that beast was a big negative consideration in my book (even with a 2 ton gantry crane). I had a hard enough time with my G0709. Could really see that it wanted to turn turtle on me once or twice. Having an electric hoist saved my bacon (could both muscle it upright and lower at the same time).

Back