gas mix

I've bought 5 bottles from individuals and exchanged them all at my favorite welding supply

Similar testing situation down here - but if you own the bottle then the LWS swaps it out for another and charges you for the hydrotest, at least the shops I deal with. Ask first!

Also, when you exchange your bottles be sure they give you a 'customer owned' bottle without a name on the top ring just below the valve, otherwise you've just donated your very $$$$ bottle.

Stu

Well . . . . at Matheson you buy the bottle. Then simply exchange it anywhere you choose. I'm sure that businesses lease them but individuals buy them. That's what they told me.

Jim

I can get a good deal on gas through my work. They go through a lot of gas.

Does anyone have a copy of a service manual for a Millermatic 200 1984 model? Black face.

Here in Canada, bottle have to be tested every 10 years, even BBQ propane ones. Buying a "company" bottle avoids that. My argon is my own where as the mix , oxygen and acetylene are Air Liquide. Bottles have serial numbers and I've turned in a large oxygen that my son was given. I was hoping to swap it out for a small tri mix, chuckle.
Chuckle . . . what . . . they didn't exchange the bottle?

I see his adds on CL also and was wondering how good the "Deals" were.
If they were actually clean bottles or re-purposed Lease bottles.
Currently I have 1 C25 and 1 Argon lease from Matheson.
I would rather "Own" them than pay a fee every year.

I'm in question of the "lease" thing too. I swapped the cylinders out once I emptied them at Lampton in NKC. The rings all said Matheson on them.

Back